Value of package, MS180, 029 and MS660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cobb

ArboristSite Lurker
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been buy non-running Stihl's, mostly pro models, repair/rebuild and sell, some I keep, I am retired and do as a hobby. A guy contacted me and has a MS180, 029 and a MS660, none of them run, he doesn't know why and wants to sell as a package. The MS180 and 029 I am not really interested in, but a package deal, so I have to probably buy all to get the MS660. He won't say a price, says he doesn't know what they are worth, so I have to offer. Worst case scenario on the MS660, if it needs a cylinder and piston, maybe carb or crank bearings, what would it be worth in a worse case scenario? Yes I will pull the muffler and use a compression gauge if needed.

Picture of my keepers. I know, pretty meagerStihl collection2.jpg.

Worst case scenario on the MS660, if it needs a cylinder and piston, maybe carb or crank bearings, what would it be worth in a worse case scenario? Yes I will pull the muffler and use a compression gauge if needed.

It will be way easier to answer your question after you have had hands-on the 660.

Around here, a 660 runner would bring $600-1,200.

Roy

Latest posts

Back