Went to see Mastermind today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bryanr2

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Had to go up onto the plateau for a business meeting and was only 11 miles from Randy's so figured Id make the most of my trip and stop in. Had a fantastic time. Really lucky to have my builder of choice close by and not have to run the risk of USPS auctions.:taped: Randy your a hell of a friend and great mentor.:rock: Had general AS talk/bs and "life" talk. Ran some saws. Tuned some saws. Bought some saws. Left some saws. Etc.

Picked up my Husq 2100 and after running it decided to leave it as is while I decide if I want to sell it and go another direction, or port it down the road. Ran so good- might leave it as it is.

Purchased the Dolmar 5100s that Randy built and ported for me (it's for my BIL)

And for the big news................ I left the reigning 50cc CHAMPION (see my sig) to settle this 261/550/2153-346 debate once and for all.:rock: In my heart- Im confident in the 2153.... but them 261 videos have me wondering.

Stihl and Husq certainly have taken a different approach to their 50cc saws- on the one hand you have the 346, 2153, 550, 2253 as high reving light sabers for limbing.... but they loose rpm in the larger cuts. Then we have the 261 which is really torquey and has alot of grunt in the larger cuts. For a fair comparison I think it is critical that in this new "shootout" that both styles/ cuts be documented. I want to see if the Husq still rules in the shorter/ smaller cuts of limbing or if the Stihl can take it in that type cutting. In the next experiment.... how close can the Husq come to the Stihl in the bigger cuts? Can it pull off an upset? The reason both types of cuts have to be explored is bc we all use our saws differently. I use my 2153 for blazin fast limbing.... but very quickly move on to larger saws as the cuts get bigger. Not that the 2153 cant do the work.... or that it isnt fast enough..... but bc I have a bunch of moded saws and everyone gets their turn. Really looking forward to this experiment this go around. Based on what I saw in the 261 261cm thread- I will very likely add a 261cm if for no other reason than to keep my new to me 044 company.

May the best saw win!:rock:

That close to Randy....? Lucky :rolleyes2:

Looking forward to the new vids and comparisons. Winners, losers, etc...

I've prob watched your "Green cap" saw video a dozen times. Love it. Something to be proud of :rock:

Looking forward to the "Superbowl" of 50cc ported saw threads.
Even though I'm rooting for the 45cc underdog, I think that Jonney red 2153 is
going to take home the trophy (If it's Available). Please pass the :popcorn:

Latest posts

Back