whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's got 2500 hours on the motor build. I'd have to look at the records and look to see what the hours were, @ the time of the pistons and cables being done a cpl years ago.

I will say, if it matters to anyone, that it feels like you're floating in the ALC compared to the LRIII. Actually kind of made me nervous LOL. I got used to the jerky Altec.

Well I'd like to learn that "limb hangin technique" .
\

Get about a 7' double braid (half inch or three quarter) lanyard with a spliced loop on one end.

Girth hitch it on top of the branch near the tree stem.....then go out past where you gonna cut so it will fold inside the roof or whatever....

Then tie a running bolen there ......then make a face cut or notch on the bottom of the branch/leader....

then move the whole lanyard set up to the bottom of the piece....

cut it off and you got a hanging limb/leader to slice and dice that will fall in an open spot and ready for gm to insert in chipper.

you can slice and dice the wood or get the bucket under it and capture it and take the hitch off it when light enough.

No problem, mang. How many miles/hours are on that truck again?

Total hrs are 12K, 50K miles on chassis.

Again, the motor was rebuilt @ 9800 hrs, and the pistons and cables were done aprx 2-3 years ago.

The maint records are still with the truck.

\

Get about a 7' double braid (half inch or three quarter) lanyard with a spliced loop on one end.

Girth hitch it on top of the branch near the tree stem.....then go out past where you gonna cut so it will fold inside the roof or whatever....

Then tie a running bolen there ......then make a face cut or notch on the bottom of the branch/leader....

then move the whole lanyard set up to the bottom of the piece....

cut it off and you got a hanging limb/leader to slice and dice that will fall in an open spot and ready for gm to insert in chipper.

you can slice and dice the wood or get the bucket under it and capture it and take the hitch off it when light enough.

Uhh, I don't get it:msp_unsure: Huh? Can you draw a quick diagram, take a pic and boot it up so we can see? Crayons work well.

So I was in the surgeon's office today going over the proceedure for my knee. Its for a torn meniscus. I have had X-rays and MRI's of my knee throughout the years but nothing ever showed up. I have to say I am looking forward to a better life after having this operation... if I don't die on the table that is.
Anyway, I was watching a video of the proceedure, it was in digital format, animation in black and white. I was standing up watching the things they stick and there, the cutting, pulling, drilling and was thinking about it being done to me.
I was sure glad both the doc and the nurse were standing close enough to help me sit down because I was headed to the floor pretty fast. I apologized for being such puss and asked they what they meant by " the proceedure is done with local anesthetic".
When the surgeon came back it I advised, for his safety and my sanity, that I just be put down completely. He assured me they would have me suffeciently doped up and it wouldn't be a problem and that was Ok that I was such a puss. I am still not convinced of either.

So I was in the surgeon's office today going over the proceedure for my knee. Its for a torn meniscus. I have had X-rays and MRI's of my knee throughout the years but nothing ever showed up. I have to say I am looking forward to a better life after having this operation... if I don't die on the table that is.
Anyway, I was watching a video of the proceedure, it was in digital format, animation in black and white. I was standing up watching the things they stick and there, the cutting, pulling, drilling and was thinking about it being done to me.
I was sure glad both the doc and the nurse were standing close enough to help me sit down because I was headed to the floor pretty fast. I apologized for being such puss and asked they what they meant by " the proceedure is done with local anesthetic".
When the surgeon came back it I advised, for his safety and my sanity, that I just be put down completely. He assured me they would have me suffeciently doped up and it wouldn't be a problem and that was Ok that I was such a puss. I am still not convinced of either.

When are you planning on having it done? How long after till you can get back to climbing?

When are you planning on having it done? How long after till you can get back to climbing?

I scheduled it for April 22. Its outpatient type stuff with a 2 to 4 week recovery. The people I know who have had this type of surgery have responded well and were back on their feet fast and feeling good.
Like I said I started to get Mri's and stuff way back when, nothing was every found til the last one I had on Monday. I took the first available surgery date they had. The timing sucks but it usually does for this sort of thing.
A couple of my regular clients called ready to get going on some big projects. Well big for me, I am only one guy. Maybe I will get Plas up here so I can exploit him a little more. We will see, you just have to deal with this stuff as it comes and its always coming right after you remember the stuff you forgot you had to do.

Either 55' or 60 wh (5' above the floor fully extended measured from ground).....that reach is gonna be just fine Ryan.

You guys gotta learn my limb hanging technique and then you can remove a 100 foot tree with that bucket and not tie up the gm with all that silly lowering stuff.:D

ps didn't ALC go outta biz?

Lol I use a long choker made out of an old 3/4 I hang more crap than I lower from a bucket. I want my grunts chippin lol:cheers: I do use a speed line though too.

MRI's are BS! Got my right knee done last year, arthroscopic is pretty uninvasive, don't let him take out too much meniscus that stuff don't grow back!

It's got 2500 hours on the motor build. I'd have to look at the records and look to see what the hours were, @ the time of the pistons and cables being done a cpl years ago.

I will say, if it matters to anyone, that it feels like you're floating in the ALC compared to the LRIII. Actually kind of made me nervous LOL. I got used to the jerky Altec.

So, How much was it? This one is for sale here at a dealer for $24,500. Sure it'd go for less, been there for a few months now. This one said it was a 55 model

attachment.php

Man I just can't see buying a bucket with that big chip box in the way and not rear mount.

We have not found eab in my town at all until this year and so far this spring we have virtually found evidence in every tree we have worked on totalling about 7 on a half a dozen properties. We are the first to find it and have an article coming out in the local magazine next week about it.

We have made money on treatments and removals and replacements and are just at the very beginning of infestation. We are probably 20% ash in our town.

This is a larvae on my Celestron microscope from a tree 2 days ago.

MRI's are BS! Got my right knee done last year, arthroscopic is pretty uninvasive, don't let him take out too much meniscus that stuff don't grow back!

What is this that you say MRI's are BS!!!??:msp_ohmy: Come on man, don't confirm my fear that the surgeon sells meat on the side at his fast food restuarant.

I understand about the rest and frankly I am still pretty nervous. I talked to a lot of people who recomended the removed tissue be replace. I can't help but feel we are at the mercy of these butchers and their insane phone system. Maybe its best not to trust a company that changes their phone number every 6 months.

Man you would have to hold a gattling gun to my head to get me to let a doctor do anything to me at this time of year that would lay me up for poss. 4 wks.

It would be financial suicide to me.

Can't you hold out til next winter? Shouldn't you have done it this winter? Good luck anyway.

Man you would have to hold a gattling gun to my head to get me to let a doctor do anything to me at this time of year that would lay me up for poss. 4 wks.

It would be financial suicide to me.

Can't you hold out til next winter? Shouldn't you have done it this winter? Good luck anyway.

Well, there really is no good time to do it and yes doing it right now sucks real bad. The pain is so bad right now I am pretty much down anyway. Sure I could get through another season of misery popping ibuprophen and jerking off with the knee braces, I suppose. But added all together with the fact that my wife's company, where she has worked for many years, is involved in hostile bids due to the fact that the owner died a few months ago which might put her out on her ass so we are concerned about the ins coverage so I made the appointment now.
With my commitments with the snow plowing I wasn't going to think about any kind of surgery during winter if I didn't have to and really wasn't planning on doing it now even. The pain is pretty bad right now and I am only doing more damage, especially when I work. Not to mention its dam dangerous when my knee pops and I about fall over when it gives out. I lost it a few times standing on my spikes recently and being on the ground is downright murder after a couple hours.
No, I am not thrilled about the timing at all. But we have money in the bank, if my wife gets the boot she will get a severance and unemployment, and she could find decent employment elsewhere.
While I rehab I could sell off the big equipment and look for a job with decent benefits if I had to. I wouldn't feel bad about it if that would make things work, I'd feel worse for my clients anyway. Most likley I wouldn't have to though but I came from mud and really haven't done to badly so far.
I was thinking about selling electricity from my desk which seems to be the latest craze in mad money making these days but if I heal up well I just might look into running operations for a bigger company like Jeff does. I would have to finish my degree and get a little better educated which I was looking to do after my kid got out of daycare and into real school. I actually clean up pretty dam well and (believe it or not) am good enough with people to run estimates for a large takedown company though that is really not what I want.
Its a world of possibilties out there, like when I opened the phone book 20 years ago and told TreeCo to give me a job. Don't go feeling sorry for me... well maybe just a little for having been around TreeCo.
I am planning on doing a few jobs, then i have some classes I had scheduled then its off to the drive through meat market then rehab. I will be sure to get a jump on some more of the classes I am taking in Communications while I got a leg up. That is sure to look good on my resume right next to crazy ass tree climber.

Last edited:
Back