whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been down all weekend with a +/- 100* fever, WTF, two viruses in a month! hopfully this one goes away as fast as the last one.

Anyone up to tutoring in Sentential Logic?

Damn! I dont think either one of us gets a break, hurt my ribs and pec muscle real bad using a post hole digger!

Sentential Logic, is that the understanding of trees electrical signals? !

If it were trees, I would not be looking for a tutor :laugh: well maybe on the cellular level...

SL is a system for taking apart arguments to show the validity of the form of the argument, regardless of the truth value for the statements.

This is a "famous" ancient Greek example of unsound logic
This mutt is your dog, and he is the father of those puppies. So, he is yours and a father, hence your father (and the puppies are your siblings).

If I could figure out the keys to SL symbology I could go through the steps to show how the form of the statement is not valid, as well as being obviously false.

We could rewrite it so that it has a truthful conclusion, but because the form can result in an untruthful conclusion it is not valid.

You break the statement down to simple sentences, then assign those uppercase letters

This mutt is your dog= M
he is the father of the puppies=F

the system uses symbols to represent terms the terms AND, OR, IF THEN, NOT...

So the first part of the statement would be represented as M*f (the asterisk would actually be a DOT similar to multiplication)

Now that I have bored you back to bed, I will leave it at that :laugh: It can be like doing a word puzzle, or sudoko.

If it were trees, I would not be looking for a tutor :laugh: well maybe on the cellular level...

SL is a system for taking apart arguments to show the validity of the form of the argument, regardless of the truth value for the statements.

This is a "famous" ancient Greek example of unsound logic

If I could figure out the keys to SL symbology I could go through the steps to show how the form of the statement is not valid, as well as being obviously false.

We could rewrite it so that it has a truthful conclusion, but because the form can result in an untruthful conclusion it is not valid.

You break the statement down to simple sentences, then assign those uppercase letters

This mutt is your dog= M
he is the father of the puppies=F

the system uses symbols to represent terms the terms AND, OR, IF THEN, NOT...

So the first part of the statement would be represented as M*f (the asterisk would actually be a DOT similar to multiplication)

Now that I have bored you back to bed, I will leave it at that :laugh: It can be like doing a word puzzle, or sudoko.

arrrrgggghhhh....where's a mod when you really need one...wait a minute...you are a mod....:bang:

Just bustin on ya for modding me in the pm.

Why'd ya get the bootski? (uh oh that's vergin on complainin bout moderation :msp_ohmy:)

There are still a few tools I have left to use when people act stoopid.

No one ever told me why I went, Jen or Darin said that they had handed over much of the control to a couple of the other guys, and I was slowly pushed out. Complete silence to all my questions.

My assumption is that I was being a bit too strict, some people did not like my <snip> deletions.

There are still a few tools I have left to use when people act stoopid.

No one ever told me why I went, Jen or Darin said that they had handed over much of the control to a couple of the other guys, and I was slowly pushed out. Complete silence to all my questions.

My assumption is that I was being a bit too strict, some people did not like my <snip> deletions.

I remember when I pissed alot of guy's off year's ago and when all were jumping on me, you came to my defence by saying ' That's Jeff'. If I can find it I will link it. I think you called me a 'Grumpy old man!'.
Today, I got a call that we missed a tree in an HOA that we did 436 tree's and one is not done! Arg! One tree! I put my gear in the truck and will start my crew's out in San Diego and haul butt to Menifee!!! I know we did not miss it, but I will check it out.
Hey! Could some of you check out my post in 'Tree care and Health'? I did not want to post it here but if you could check it out, I would like to hear you opinion's. It is called 'Fungus'
Jeff :msp_rolleyes:

Last edited:
I remember when I pissed alot of guy's off year's ago and when all were jumping on me, you came to my defence by saying ' That's Jeff'. If I can find it I will link it. I think you called me a 'Grumpy old man!'.

I tried looking for it, but there were too many posts where I called you an old an ;)

1044894094_ese_viking.jpg

I am making plans to start a 10k reclaimation job. Its not pretty but will be when we are done. In the past I have done thousands with this client, about 3k last year in land reclaimation.
I haven't seen the property in awhile til today ,hey had put in a new drive and lawn after we chewed through the 3K in overgrown property. I thought I pulled into the wrong driveway at first.
We have done a lot for this guy over the years and I have been waiting all winter to start back up over there cause we are going to do lots more.
I have Plas coming in, I told him I would pay what the job was worth. If it should take an hour to get it down and it takes him four, well, he gets paid for the hour. He can take all the time he wants. He will be allright on the ground too.
I have this one job set up where I was thinking of having my one buddy film it this saturday. Its a little tree.
So come Monday its time to grease up the ol'e chipper and blow out her fliters. I plan to do a couple smaller jobs this week and be on the reclamation job the first of next week. I had had the chipper and climbing belt out once allready and the knives are beat to ####. I did a little job for a friend last week off the cuff, made 3/4 load of chips in a day trimming his trees. I had him help me.

Last edited:
YOU goin up a tree :laugh:

Pics or it didn't happen!!! This I got to see! :)

Been slow as hell here. I'm working but not anywhere near as much as I should be. I went and looked at a Willow removal today. I priced it to do it but he said he wants to let another guy bid it tomorrow. I doubt he will beat me, like I said, I priced it to do.

Finally got my stumper running today too.

Pics or it didn't happen!!! This I got to see! :)

Been slow as hell here. I'm working but not anywhere near as much as I should be. I went and looked at a Willow removal today. I priced it to do it but he said he wants to let another guy bid it tomorrow. I doubt he will beat me, like I said, I priced it to do.

Finally got my stumper running today too.

Don't sweat it Larry, opening day Baseball last week, Master's Golf this week....it is spring....soon you will wish you could have a day off.

It is such a delicate thing bidding from slow season to busy and you always gonna get caught with a low ball or two when someone sits on a job and you get booked....the they call.

Cheers

Feel free to laugh

What the hell is a wraptor? In the last few days Ive seen a ton of you guys ranting in multiple threads about this thing. What is it and whats it for?

Hey Prentice, how far are you from Greenville? I got a buddy who owns a farm there and he is wanting to get a quote on several stumps he wants ground.

Back