whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Copy it into your signature.

Good start. I like the tree picture on the top. It looks real and healthy.

Little advice and pls. no offense, but "trimming" is an outdated term and "pruning" is commonly accepted. Check "Glossary of Arboricultural Terms". I have always associated that term with Christmas trees and I am as old as dirt. "Tree trimmer"?....not me.

Thanks for the advice and help. No offense taken

Hey Jeffy is there a big difference in getting my certification from my state or the ISA?

Treeman, Nice website. Like the family pic, it is a good one in addition to the silly stump pic! LOL! What grapple you using on your loader, how do you like it?:clap:

The worst part is getting the logs to the truck ...

How are you going to load the logs? ... The worst part of a removal is loading the logs, I think. My mini drags brush and loads logs and does little damage to the turf. It is my new best friend! ...

Somebody is going to have pick them out of the scoop or off the wagon and throw them into the dump truck. I'd love to mount or fabricate a hoist and grapple for the truck.

Mini Cooper?

mini skidsteer or mini loader. Mini Cooper is for running estimates, LMAO!

I have to agree, it is moving the wood that is the most labor intensive. A crane will fix that! I keep the small stuff in long lengths for handloading and the larger stuff in manageable chuncks to get it home for firewood processing. 6" and larger it is used/sold for firewood, even pine/ spruce and junk hardwoods for my customers with OWB. Get a dump trailer, put a winch in the front, and use it to haul that Steiner around. Load the wood using the winch for the longer/bigger stuff, park the Steiner on the front decking and home ya go!

Somebody is going to have pick them out of the scoop or off the wagon and throw them into the dump truck. I'd love to mount or fabricate a hoist and grapple for the truck.

Mini Cooper?

The thought of using that thing for treework is just about as gay as a dude driving a mini cooper.. just sayin'.

What is a "scoop"? any pics?

Slip Scoop ~ not quite a FEL ...

... What is a "scoop"? any pics?

[video=youtube;ZXYvqk_3R7g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXYvqk_3R7g&feature=player_embedded#at=14[/video]

Watch the next video too. I just found out from that that the scoop can be mounted front or rear so I can mount both the stump grinder and scoop ~

Last edited:
The thought of using that thing for treework is just about as gay as a dude driving a mini cooper.. just sayin'.

What is a "scoop"? any pics?

Hey, you gots one of those on the "Deere" for pickin up manure and chasin the cows back in the barn. :hmm3grin2orange:

[video=youtube;ZXYvqk_3R7g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXYvqk_3R7g&feature=player_embedded#at=14[/video]

Watch the next video too. I just found out from that that the scoop can be mounted front or rear so I can mount both the stump grinder and scoop ~

A mini skid steer is able to do so much more! I have done removals in back yards and when were done you cant tell we were there. That thing just seems silly and a waste of money.

Latest posts

Back