whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a technical removal to one man can be a routine td to another

I cannot hit the like button on this quote enuff!!!! So eefffin true to a dyed in the wool tree nut.... after all,,,, ITS JUST A TREE!!!! Ps, who wants to see pic of my "storm emergancy " call from last week?

Piss on that! You see me with a mini for 2 minutes and you will never even consider a grapple chipper again. I went to dump chips today, came back, loaded over a cord of limbwood onto the International inside of 3 minutes with the mini. I am so GOD DAM good with that machine, that if the controls were on the boom side, Id wipe my ass with it!

you might be good with it but you need to rig up a platform to stand on/ hold counterweight. O' and you know anybody in the area looking for a job haney is looking for a chipper truck driver/groundman.

Anybody here ever heard of Winklers tree out of the Chicago area? First or only 'Accredited tree co' in Illinois? Sky blue colored trux?

No lxt, I don't drive a chevette to work ...

LMFAO.... LMFAO!!!!!!... you gonna load that "big" wood into the family chevette or you gonna rent a pickup truck from lowes!???...Cmon AA.... thats just laughable, embarrasing & borders on stupidity.......take that back, it is stupidity!!LXT....

My beater work ride:

5831310324_609653fea6_z.jpg

5823058052_175fae0048_z.jpg

I'll have photos of my new lawn mower tomorrow it's being delivered at 09:00. I'm gonna have to get a hitch for the Countach.

Last edited:
My beater work ride:

I'll have photos of my new lawn mower tomorrow it's being delivered at 09:00. I'm gonna have to get a hitch for the Countach.

LOL, My daughter is almost 12 years old and thinking outside of the Barbie box. I showed her your ride and now she wants one for all her Barbie girls!!!!!
Jeff

The tree is down on the back side of the property. I walked the properties to figure out a way to get to it.

1. many steps and walkways that go over a septic tank and down an embankment.

2. 4' footpath through neighbor's yard... do NOT advise this route.

3. Other neighbor has gate in fence large enough for small vehicle. Cross several hundred feet of waterfront lawn that's probably squishy wet, cross some nice slate walkway and very expensive patios, then rip out a few planting beds and fences to finally get remotely close to the stump. From there you need to get up over a raised patio.

Today was a day from hell though, or at least good practice for when I finally get there... or perhaps that's where I am now. Must have done some BAD things in a past life.

This morning I switched the schedule around because I wanted to get rid of the crane this afternoon. Fine, get set up for the first job. Company that got the job drives by, I asked the owner how much he bid the job for... he said pretty much the same number as me. Friend who has been helping me with his loader knew the guy, so he went down to find out what's their game plan. Bunch of guys, skid steer on the road, and use picks, shovels, and a power washer to reduce the stump so it can be cut up and carried out. The owner of the company comes up to find out of he can get the crane I had in there... sure enough he can, so he'll be using what should have been my crane to do the job. Lost figure an hour of crane time to that BS... meaning I was billed 1 hr by the crane co to arrange that. Guy asks me if I have any nearby chip dumps to spare, because his are at LEAST a half hour away each way. Gave him something a lot closer, but far enough away that it doesn't hurt me. He's gonna be using my cribbing to level the crane too.

Take the crane up to this other job for another friend... we looked at it on Saturday, shouldn't have been a problem, wires all down, real mess.... told power wouldn't be up for at least 3 - 5 days. Get up there, wires were put back up on Sunday, can't set up.

Bring the crane back down to my spot so that they can leave it there overnight so they can start fresh tomorrow on the job that I lost. Friend of a bunch of clients comes over and yells at me and the operator for leaving the machine there. Operator told the owner of the other company to thank his lucky stars I was there... otherwise he'd be F'ed up the A with the association.

Girls of all ages seen to like it ...

LOL, My daughter is almost 12 years old and thinking outside of the Barbie box. I showed her your ride and now she wants one for all her Barbie girls!!!!!
Jeff

The Lambo is a real chick magnet. It's had a lot of Barbie dolls in it, only one at a time though. My daughter is 28 and every time she wants to get behind the wheel I remind her of this:

5398483760_d30e424e4f.jpg

That's a tree in her Mom's backyard, a little clutch problem put her there. And the wife can't drive a stick so I'm safe there. They both can drive the Steiner though.

How about an 8 wheel drive?

The tree is down on the back side of the property. I walked the properties to figure out a way to get to it.

1. many steps and walkways that go over a septic tank and down an embankment.

2. 4' footpath through neighbor's yard... do NOT advise this route.

3. Other neighbor has gate in fence large enough for small vehicle. Cross several hundred feet of waterfront lawn that's probably squishy wet, cross some nice slate walkway and very expensive patios, then rip out a few planting beds and fences to finally get remotely close to the stump. From there you need to get up over a raised patio...

That was my dilemma for an upcoming job (Big Wood) I bought the Steiner to solve it. The low pressure tires with the 8 wheel kit seemed to be the way to get the wood out without tearing up the landscaping / hardscaping surrounding the estate.

steinermow.jpg

I'll have to wait a week for the extra wheels and stump grinder attachment to arrive.

That was my dilemma for an upcoming job (Big Wood) I bought the Steiner to solve it. The low pressure tires with the 8 wheel kit seemed to be the way to get the wood out without tearing up the landscaping / hardscaping surrounding the estate.

steinermow.jpg

I'll have to wait a week for the extra wheels and stump grinder attachment to arrive.

Nice kit car ole boy................! my daughter loves Lamborghinis too much, we actually toured the plant & I have pic`s of my lil girl in a 1/2 million dollar Murcieloga(spelling), a buddy of mine from Cali. keeps trying to get me to do the Diablo kit car?????? Countach is pretty old school & you can pick up the real deal pretty cheap!!!

Now, about that boat anchor of a tractor you`re buying......I think you are gonna be very unhappy............unless mowing grass is your new thing!! to get the wood into the dump is the key!!! with that thing you still have to lift it & load it.....:dizzy:

Did you check out the load limit on the bucket?????? its like 267lbs or something, you gonna haul 1 log at a time??? for the price of that thing you got bent over!!! no wonder your kid put the car into the tree............hell 20 grand lawn mower, she prolly figures wreck the car & get a new 50 grand beemer or better.....:clap:

I just think......NO, I just know....you will be unhappy with that things performance & if not its because you havent ran anything worth a squat!!! in addition just the fact that other tree care services will mistake you for a lawn jockey...............Yep, you`ll be the talk of Pittsburgh..........tree man on a lawn mower!!! dude I cant help it, thats some funny stuff............makes me laugh!!!

Hey im selling a yard machine lawn mower with tow behind wagon, snow blade & chains for those difficult lawns/trees..............Hmmm...all this for $15,000.00 LOL, Ill even throw in a case of beer & a steiner mower DVD

LXT..................

AA, look at the very first page of this thread!!!!!!!!

the toro dingo loading "Big Wood" into the back of the chip truck, your steiner would be completely useless with that log!!

That log is big,.. but......we load many throughout the year of that size, I guess im just wondering what you consider "Big Wood" & why you would select a useless machine that will have you doing more work than not!!!! you`ll be quartering a round like that, then you have to phsically load it & due to you new purchase not being able to lift the load higher than a beegles privates.....you`ll have to physically unload it :clap:.................:dizzy:

20 grand for that??????? you should have just bought a power wheelbarrow & saved thousands!!!

LXT.................

AA, look at the very first page of this thread!!!!!!!!

the toro dingo loading "Big Wood" into the back of the chip truck, your steiner would be completely useless with that log!!

That log is big,.. but......we load many throughout the year of that size, I guess im just wondering what you consider "Big Wood" & why you would select a useless machine that will have you doing more work than not!!!! you`ll be quartering a round like that, then you have to phsically load it & due to you new purchase not being able to lift the load higher than a beegles privates.....you`ll have to physically unload it :clap:.................:dizzy:

20 grand for that??????? you should have just bought a power wheelbarrow & saved thousands!!!

LXT.................

Believe me its pains me greatly to agree with you , but that machine is a bit of a joke , that bucket would not be worth the gas it takes to run it , I could guarantee that my guys could COMPLETELY destroy that machine in less than a year , and sitting down and moving logs just makes ya look like a TOOL, I dunno I paid 13K for a brand new mini with a bucket and forks I paid 18K for a off rental bobcat 863 and less than 10K for 1865 case I think for that money he made a huge mistake ...

Piss on that! You see me with a mini for 2 minutes and you will never even consider a grapple chipper again. I went to dump chips today, came back, loaded over a cord of limbwood onto the International inside of 3 minutes with the mini. I am so GOD DAM good with that machine, that if the controls were on the boom side, Id wipe my ass with it!

Not to call bs but you would much rather have a grapple chipper then a mini behind a crane, a mini would be like pissing against the tide on our crewView attachment 187236

My beater work ride:

LOL..........I dont know if the Fiero frame on that knock off would handle a hitch???? nice try AA

LXT................

I bet ya 100.00 that my bobcat could climb right over that car from front to back

LOL, no doubt...................But I wonder?? could the steiner climb over it??

Im thinking thats an 88 maybe a 93 replica, cant remember which year they put the gas cap/cover on the driver side??

trying to make us think you own a genuine Lambo......:dizzy: especially when you would buy a beefed up cub cadet for tree work.........& you made Angies list super contractor???? whats sad is every pic on your site shows you wearing hooks............!

WOW.....spike everything, use a lawn mower, overhype your ability & get an award!!! :dizzy: Yep, this trade has gone to hell.

LXT.................

LOL, no doubt...................But I wonder?? could the steiner climb over it??

Im thinking thats an 88 maybe a 93 replica, cant remember which year they put the gas cap/cover on the driver side??

trying to make us think you own a genuine Lambo......:dizzy: especially when you would buy a beefed up cub cadet for tree work.........& you made Angies list super contractor???? whats sad is every pic on your site shows you wearing hooks............!

WOW.....spike everything, use a lawn mower, overhype your ability & get an award!!! :dizzy: Yep, this trade has gone to hell.

LXT.................

And he's probably got mexicans ....... That would be the burrito that breaks the beaners back ......

actually, wilford brimley, the piece was 6800 if you want to get precise numbers...... that too much for you to handle on 1 pick? kinda like that easy setup oak on the teebox took you all day to do? we'd been off to the next tree by lunch. stay hot, old man.

We had a nice job today. Worked for a super nice guy, a divorce lawyer no less, who wanted his back field cleaned up. Two take downs, one of them big, and the rest was just moving stuff around to make it look clean. In the shade all day, good excerise but nothing painful. We're back again tomorrow morning for a few hours to finish up.

It's the second time we've worked for this guy and he's one of the nicest guys we've ever worked for. He pretty much said do what you think is best, start the job when you want, and tell me what it cost after. Then he goes fishing in his pocket and asks me if I want to be paid in advance. I said no, I don't like getting paid in advance. Removes the impetus to work and then the day just drags.

Anyway, it was a good day. :)

Back