Where do your saws come from?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where do your saws come from?

• New from local saw shops.

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • New off the Web or far aways places.

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Used off eBay.

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Local dumps, sales, scrounging.

Votes: 9 28.1%

• Total voters

John in MA

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Here's a poll for the afternoon. Where do most of your toys, er... tools, come from? I've always wondered what the other members did. Multiple choice!

I'm about a 40/60 mix of 3 and 4.

None of the above. My three have all come the local area, used.
I found the 372 in the paper, 009 yard sale and J-red 80 through local contacts.

new,used,antique,exotic,dead or alive,complete or not. any place any time. i just can't help myself and the medication has not started to work yet.:dizzy: marty

i have 5 lg fleas within an hours drive.
since i prefer the older stihls thats where i look first. the best deals tho are homeowners that wanted the best and then lost interest.it helps if it was a gift or somethin,so he dont remember the big bucks the thing cost new.another good source is deceased mens wives,who burned firewood. sounds cold but not if its done tactfully.

Tony, doesn`t sound cold to me. Most deceased men`s wives need the cash more than a chainsaw. I try to consider widows just like anybody else, i`ll take a good deal, but I will not intentionally cheat anyone. Russ

I've bought ONE new saw from my dealer. Most come from his junk pile and I go right to the parts counter to fix 'em. A few have come off e-bay and some are dumped here by people who swear "This'll never run again"

my baby has Walkerized on her case, but I do belief (sp) that (OUR GOD ALMIGHTY) struck this saw case and set my 357 on a different level than others. I know what y'all are thinking... I'm saying bring it on boys. Bring it down South. The weather is still 90 degrees here. We can have a mid winter (Rendevous) for our Northern c/s brothers, basically, anytime all year. This has got me to thinking boys... I'll bring it up in an appropriate post.:cool: ;)

saws

My 009 was my Dad's first and only chain saw, I will keep it going forever. My 034 was salvaged after a customer wore out 2 pistons (what air filter?). The owner did not want to take a chance on a resale, so I put a piston in and used it ever since, about 4 years now.

Back