Which two stroke oil?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anyone use lucas semi synthetic? i just got my first saw a used husqvarna 51. i burned through the gas in it so i picked up the lucas havent tried it yet though.

since I had a half bottle of 85:140 from when I change the rear end grease in my truck I have been using it 45:1

A oil thread wouldn't be complete without someone saying they use Amway (or whatever the name) at 100:1. That their engine is clean inside with no carbon. Just a blue tinge to everything.
I believe you meant ...AMSOIL...Not Amway...LOL..!! - 100:1 is nuts - 40:1 for me..!!
sorry..no smiley..'cheers'...it ain't workin'..??
J2F

I believe you meant ...AMSOIL...Not Amway...LOL..!! - 100:1 is nuts - 40:1 for me..!!
sorry..no smiley..'cheers'...it ain't workin'
J2F

I live in the land of Amsoil and there are some up here that really have "drank the cool-aid". They would have you believe that it gives 50% power gains and infinte engine life.

I ran the 4 cycle oil in my car and oil consumption actually increased (on a 60,000 mile motor) while I noticed no gain in performance or mileage.

Also ran one batch of 2 cycle premix through my ice auger and chainsaw. It worked great, just like the other oil that I was using before for half the cost.

I guess if I had a full race motor I would only entrust it to a top quality synthetic...but since I don't, the regular stuff works great for my cars, sleds, saws, outboards, mowers, generators, etc, etc...

To prevent a potential altercation I will not drop any names but I like to use the manufactures oil for what ever I am running. I also like synthetic if it isn't priced out of sight, I still mix 40:1 though.

Probably any good name brand 30 wt non detergent oil. The mix ratio should be according to your users manual that comes with every saw. If you didn't get a manual with your used saw you'll have to find someone in your area that has a saw like yours and see what he uses. Hope this is of some help to all the questions out there, saw safe.

Here is what I use, sorry it's a secret formula

y2cxkbM.jpg
that looks like JOY juice

It is always amazing to me how people bash Amsoil. Anybody that cares about engine longevity will not bad mouth it if they have given it an honest appraisal. And yes, it does work well at 100:1. I use it at 50:1, but I put lots of miles on saws and other stuff at 100:1. Use what you want, but don't bash a good product when you obviously don't know about it.

It is always amazing to me how people bash Amsoil. Anybody that cares about engine longevity will not bad mouth it if they have given it an honest appraisal. And yes, it does work well at 100:1. I use it at 50:1, but I put lots of miles on saws and other stuff at 100:1. Use what you want, but don't bash a good product when you obviously don't know about it.

I mix everything at 42.6667:1. Only because it's easy to do the math for 3oz per gallon.

What, no mention of Gary's Goo? This forum has gone soft! Thanks Mike, being from Maine (orinally anyway) myself I appreciate your sadistic sense of humor by giving us an oil thread to christen the new forum. Used motor oil out of my truck mixed 4:1, now that's the set-up! I also have a bridge down in NYC that I'll sell ya.

Latest posts

Back