Why are chainsaws so popular?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As much as I love using my saws they don't do the maintenance of defensible fire clearance around our cabin and fire clearance for the 148 campsites I maintain for that my muffler modded 128ld, echo srm 3800, and honda 5hp string trimmer are my best friends. My 128 is my goto for most of it, the 3800 is used for most heavier clearing, the Honda is for when the **** gets really thick. Ill trade you your hogweed and scotch broom for mustard, Chinese tree of heaven, turkey mullen, and a very heavily armored weed call Italian thistle, even the blooms have thorns. I love my trimmers a bit more.

I still want a Robin NBT415
Me too! That is the coolest model that I am aware of! I missed out on one about a year ago and they sure are rare to pop up on the used market.

Me too! That is the coolest model that I am aware of! I missed out on one about a year ago and they sure are rare to pop up on the used market.

Only one I ever saw was the Robin distributors demo back in '95 or '96.

And why doesn't a string trimmer hold the same status in our hearts and tool sheds? What stirs our souls about chainsaws and leaves us feeling flat and emotionless with string trimmers?

Why isn't there string trimmer competitions and sponsored teams on ESPN?

Why no string trimmer "get togethers"? I can imagine it in my mind. The deep pocket guys show up with brush cutter, bicycle handle models. There will be timed cuts in an overgrown field and an obstacle course filled with kids toys in a cut/no cut challange. Folks ooh and ahh as as a classic restored Weedeater brand trimmer is brought out of its case for bragging. Yeah, serious string trimmer collectors have cases. As all this takes place, other folks stand around and debate if Stihl Pentagon or X-Line is as as good as Husqvarna Titanium Force.

I don't know about you, but after contemplating all this, I'm gonna wipe the grass stains off my Stihl FS 90 tomorrow. I may even polish it. She needs some love.

> I may even polish it. She needs some love

Chain Saw Show -N - Shine Sunday

:chainsaw:

That was back when gasoline was gasoline.
Cutting wood reminds me of when I was a young teenager. We heated our house soley with a fireplace. We had a 25xxv micro poulan, and an 051av Stihl. They both hardly ever gave us problems.
I was the splitter. Talk about burn a bunch of calories!

I bought 52cc weed whacker thing today, it is quite tame, but maybe it improves when used bit more, it takes time to accelerate that thing, as there is more mass that needs to be accelerated, with chainsaw acceleration is quite nice thing.

Funny thing is that I could not find adjustment screws from carb, there is only idle adjustment, don't know if that is common or not, but it is running bit rich as sparkplug is quite wet.

Lol, I was so pissed the other night and I pissed in my boot somehow , I just don't get it how I pulled that one off.
I guess I should get out more often, but Girl just moved in and won't leave even though I told her to hit the road at least 2x in no uncertain terms, but she's still here.
What should I do? She seems to have taken a like to my homegrown wine and 7 gallons later, what is a man supposed to do? I kinda like her though.
Thanks in advance.

Back