Why would you want 3/8 instead of .325 on a 550?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clean it up then before you post pictures, that can't back up your ASSertions. Want to try with "good" pictures again?

Now could You pull the chain along the bar groove over the sprocket, or not? Your videos seemed pretty clear, posts #36-38.

Have you checked the rim pitch yet?

Before/after steel brush.

The drivers are not damaged.

Attachments

• IMG_9786.jpeg
    IMG_9786.jpeg
    891.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9787.jpeg
    IMG_9787.jpeg
    924 KB · Views: 0
I will say that for some reason they look maybe marred in some instances. Maybe the lighting in the basement maybe it’s the oil I use. But I assure you the chain ain’t messed up.

It’s both.

The second post you quoted is just me saying I saw no damage on the drivers or the bar. It still was not spinning. See what I’m saying?
I do recall reading a post in past years from new owner of new saw pretty upset about engine performance until he finally determined issue was a bad roller on bar tip seizing intermittently.

I will say that for some reason they look maybe marred in some instances. Maybe the lighting in the basement maybe it’s the oil I use. But I assure you the chain ain’t messed up.

From throwing a chain a lot of the drivers will be OK, some will be messed up, check each one.

If you have rim or bar sprocket mismatch all the drivers will get damaged.

3/8 picco/lo pro works wonderful for milling lumber. Takes less power, cuts faster, and smaller kerf wastes less wood.

I've been running that on my 066 > 25 years now.
Good for you. Yes there are always exceptions, milling is a bit different where you need every ounce of power.

I've never felt my 088 was underpowered. Furthermore I regularly use my milling bars for normal saw work - felling or blocking up big knotty chunks of hardwood. I'm not sure Id want to use lopro for that.

Latest posts

Back