you can please some of the people, some of the time

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
He bought two cords of ponderosa from me, wanted them a little longer, and not split as small. No problem, I can do that.
So I delivered it, and got a call today. This stuff is too wet to burn. I ran around my yard with moisture meter. Yeah, I get it. but only to a point.
Some of it was 15%, some is 20%. there was even a few logs reading at 30%

I explained that this is what I have, and what I can get at this point. The logs in the road project are going to be just as "wet".
I have sold, like a dozen cords of this in the last month, nobody else is having problems.
I explained that it is the second stage of drying, and that goes pretty well, doesn't take long. a few weeks of being split, and some sun, it will be fine.

I chatted with my log guy today, he said that is about the best pondo you are likely to see. I agreed with him, it is pretty nice stuff. Has been logs since last year or before.

I am NOT going to go try and teach John how to "light a fire". He probably doesn't wanna see me with my quart of diesel fuel 🔥

OK, so the next 3 cords he wanted are off the schedule. Fine with me.
Morgan would be happy to have them.

Latest posts

Back