Alright you, HUSKY fans time to put up or shut up!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like to run 262xp's, my favorite go to saws. Not much to be gained through porting as it was done at the factory.

Open the muffler and go to work!

For bigger wood I use a 268/272xp, or a 372xp.

Just scored a 576xp and a 395xp.
e9a3atav.jpg
yty9uze2.jpg

Hmmm? All of the Stihl people that jumped in at the start answered while the work day was still active, the Husky people answered after the day was done in their time zone.I rest my case.

You know... I've always wondered about that.. I've been a member a few years, consider myself a regular poster (at last since last year), yet I see some ppl who are in the wood cutting industry, have been members for a shorter time than I have but have an insane amount of posts. Im not all that busy outside of work but I have never had the time to make more than 6-8 posts in one day.... & we work short days too. I haven't even made it through the end of this thread, but I've been wondering thus for quite some time. Sorry if i this thread derailed somewhere down the line & I just derailed it to something else. Lol.

I used to be all Stihl, too. On thier latest round of commercials, they are showing the Virginia Beach facility and a, "couple" of the supervisors on the ad was clearly a little light in their loafers. That makes me mad and now I'm gonna start buying Husky's.

If you go and get a good Husky, you can cut yourself a lot bigger pieces of wood than your cuttin in all your posts and afford a bigger stove for them to fit in.:D

LOL. I cut 'em everyday. That was a Pin Oak then Red Oak then White Oak. Here's a Black Oak.

If someone within 100 miles of the Ape Man cuts bigger trees and more of them, I'll move.​

I replace my saws pretty often. I had a MS461 for about two days this week but my brother wanted it worse than me. Like I said, I think I'm done buying Stihls. I don't like what they are suggesting Americans need to stomach in their new ad campaign. Plus since Chad Dynoman said they was a liar, I'm done.

My next saw is a 7910 or a 395XP. The main thing will be wrap and heated handles.

Since I quit smoking by working on saws, I've owned/ built everything from 254-272 and 029-ms660 I have tried each in wood and even loaded big wood off the side of the road to feed them. All I can say is it's a pleasure to run any good saw, Poulan 505, 066,ms660, Johnny 920, 045 all were fun.
I saw your ad on C/L the other day... atleast it was a guy who stopped smoking by building saws, thought it was NM though

Latest posts

Back