Girlfriend Needs A Saw !!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that a cs56 "pro series"? Is it clamshell or pro construction?

I have two Efco's and am very happy with the buy. The first is a 2600 TH saw and the secon is the 3500 model. The 3500 needs to loose the cat ( like all cat saws) a little retune and it is a real good runner! I got the 3500 first after a lot of doubt, but after unpacking and seeing with my own eyes I am convinced!
If you are considering Efco there has been a thread here with way over 400 refills in a 152. This thread was the reason for me to give it a try and I have not been disappointed!

Since you already have many saws including a 350 I won't recomend the dolmar 420/421. It is in my eyes one of the great saws out there!

Since you already have many saws including a 350 I won't recomend the dolmar 420/421. It is in my eyes one of the great saws out there!

Believe me..if there would have neen a 420/421 on the shelf..I would have grabbed it . It was one of those deals where I needed something now...so I grabbed the 350 . Im actually pretty impressed with it . Fuel efficient lil booger !! Im gonna look at Efco for sure now !

Pro construction! The next size up on the same chassis is the 162 or 165.

Ok. After checking jd parts, I've found that the cs52 pro series (green top) is in fact a clamshell. The cs56 pro series (black top) is in fact pro construction. Any kind words for the cs52? Or is it looked down upon like any other plastic cased throw away saw?

Ok. That's grate news! Now where do you find parts for it?
I just have to call the dealer at my parents place. But if we are honest how often are parts really needed? Bars/chains/etc. can be got at any store supplying oregon products. Real spare parts after major damage wiil probably take a little more time depending where your from. But I have read of people here having Efco chainsaws or pole saws waiting a full whole day for spare parts. So it is the usual situation. Nobody knows the brand so everybody expects the worse.

Ok. After checking jd parts, I've found that the cs52 pro series (green top) is in fact a clamshell. The cs56 pro series (black top) is in fact pro construction. Any kind words for the cs52? Or is it looked down upon like any other plastic cased throw away saw?
Just read the thread of the Efco 152 with way over 400 refills and make up your own mind. It conviced me and I wouldn't mind only running Efco products. But of course I am no production cutter so if you need top of the line then look somewhere different. I will quote a fellow I know "Efco is like an italien water buffalo, it just keeps on pulling!"
http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/efco-152-long-term-test.133888/

They sound like gr8 saws !! I have wanted to try one for awile . Its just tough to get away from the more well known names you know !! I was all worried about going with a Dolmar from a husky . But I have yet to need a part..or service anyway !! Im seriously considering the Efco right now . Will have to take the girl sown to handle one !

If you really want to put a smile on her face --- get her a 346xp and have it ported by one of the fine builders on here. On second thought perhaps you shouldn't - the repercussions may be too great.:)

Actually looking into a 550xp that someone has for sale on here now . Those are pretty much the same as a 346 right ?

Think its awesome that you have a girl that cuts with you. My girl wants nothing to do with power tools or the such 99 % of the time. Can't even lure her out on removals with the promise of making way more loot than her office job.

I also have a wife who enjoys sawing. She has 3 of her own saws, a dolmar 420 and a stihl 026 that were ported by treemonkey, and a masterminded 2153 jonsereds. The 2153 has heated handles, if you cut when its cold you may want to think about them, my wife really likes them.

Back