Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cause most of your projects are the older Dolmars, and you can't run to the corner saw store for most of the parts. Which can really suck.

Not really,

seems I get a parts saw for the clutch cover, or some other small part. Then I proceed to make it a runner, and still don't have the part the saw was originally bought for. Those old Dolmars are built like tanks, but half the fun is the thrill of the chase. Would be kind of boring if you could just go down to the corner store and order any thing you need. (unless you make a living with 'em)

Not really,

seems I get a parts saw for the clutch cover, or some other small part. Then I proceed to make it a runner, and still don't have the part the saw was originally bought for. Those old Dolmars are built like tanks, but half the fun is the thrill of the chase. Would be kind of boring if you could just go down to the corner store and order any thing you need. (unless you make a living with 'em)

So the problem is...?::clap:

Evening all, been lurking for a while but this is, I think, about my first post.

I have a Sachs Dolmar 115i I bought off eBay ages ago. It needed new fuel lines, vent cap o-ring, carb kit etc but now runs wonderfully and so far has cut everything I've thrown at it.

My only gripe is that it leaves large amounts of bar oil in the Landrover, in my shed, on the ground, actually, just about any place I leave it sat for a while. Is there a common (fixable) leak point or is this something these saws do?

Thanks

Not sure how you can pick the difference between what the saw is losing and what a Landy lays down anyway ? :D

Just got some more parts yesterday, just about enough to build a 120 and a bunch of other stuff. Not much for anything bigger than a 120 but i do have a used 123 cylinder and a used 133 cylinder, maybe a carb or two and some spikes for 153's and 166's i believe. The rest is mostly for 112-120's with a few parts for 110's. I have some carbs, a few used cylinders, clutch parts, flywheels, starters minus springs but with drums, handles, a gas tonk or two, a few 120 cases but there's a little chunk missing where the nottom screw for the dogs go(seems common on these, covers, a bunch of air filters and a few other things, maybe a 110 clutch cover. Let me know if you're looking for anything like that and I'll see if I have it.

Just got some more parts yesterday, just about enough to build a 120 and a bunch of other stuff. Not much for anything bigger than a 120 but i do have a used 123 cylinder and a used 133 cylinder, maybe a carb or two and some spikes for 153's and 166's i believe. The rest is mostly for 112-120's with a few parts for 110's. I have some carbs, a few used cylinders, clutch parts, flywheels, starters minus springs but with drums, handles, a gas tonk or two, a few 120 cases but there's a little chunk missing where the nottom screw for the dogs go(seems common on these, covers, a bunch of air filters and a few other things, maybe a 110 clutch cover. Let me know if you're looking for anything like that and I'll see if I have it.

Do you have (1) a 111i clutch cover and/or (2) a 111i (or compatible) recoil cover with the named plate riveted on? Thanks!

I've got four 143's on the bench right now that need pistons. I found two NOS pistons a while back at a dealership. I got one saw running and sold the other piston to a friend so he could get his running.

I see there are some on ebay, but I'm not willing to pony up almost $140.00 a pop to get them. If the piston were not so hard to come by I'd have about another dozen of the 143. They are not hard to come by, just hard to come by with a good piston.

Only other Dolmar in progress right now is a top handle 3410.:hmm3grin2orange:

Mr. HE:cool:

does anyone recognize what model this is

attachment.php

116si or 120 si, has the old brake handle on it. Think the 6000i/6800i all had the newer type brake handle? got a pic of the clutch side?

There's one of those black and gray 112's on ebay in the uk. I've seen some pics of them on here and people seem to think they're some kind of anniversary saw, any chance they were just sold in that color in some countries? Wonder what shipping would be on it?

Would you by any chance have a decent air filter for a 133 that you would part with? Dan

It's 85cc, it will run bigger than a 28" bar. Ive seen some good deals on ebay, a 36" windsor for $50 i think and some smaller ones for good deals too. Put at least a 28" or 30" on it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back