So it's October 28th in Sweden...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So hopefully the one you had is the the one thatoes went to production with different paint and larger bar mount.

I actually liked that it was availiable with both bar mount options, specially if the rim hubs also were different (small 7 vs. medium 7) - but only one option sure makes it less complicated for dealers etc.

If it comes with only the small hub rim option, it could as well have the small bar mount! :)

Last edited:
from scottbeckerie's link. Send him some rep.

ADxxdl.jpg

Far out man!!

I actually liked that it was availiable with both bar mount options, specially if the rim hubs also were different (small 7 vs. medium 7) - but only one option sure makes it less complicated for dealers etc.

If it comes with only the small hub rim option, it could as well have the small bar mount! :)

If you take a look at the clutch side pic in post #38, you will notice that the taper of the bar indicates it's a narrow tail mount.

On the other hand, the specs list bar options up to 28", which would lead you to believe that there would have to be a large tail version for those longer bar options.

It will no doubt take a little time to fill in the blanks here.

On the other hand, the specs list bar options up to 28", which would lead you to believe that there would have to be a large tail version for those longer bar options.

28" small mount is readily available, and won't be getting those "will my 562 pull a 32" bar" threads.

If you take a look at the clutch side pic in post #38, you will notice that the taper of the bar indicates it's a narrow tail mount.

It will no doubt take a little time to fill in the blanks here.

Yes, I guess it still will! :cheers:

..and I think you are right about that picture!

To replace or not replace

My dilemma. I was going to get another saw (can you believe it I only have one!) so I can semi retire my aging 262xp and was thinking of a 357xp, 346xp or maybe even a 372xp but now I'm wondering if I should wait for the verdict on this new one. I really like the power/weight ratio of the 262xp and was looking for something comparible. I don't want to get a heavier saw as I only use it in the fall and I'm not built like a brick shidhouse so the 346xp was really the top contender since most of my trees are 16" and under.

I'm in no rush so what are the feeling about this???

My dilemma. I was going to get another saw (can you believe it I only have one!) so I can semi retire my aging 262xp and was thinking of a 357xp, 346xp or maybe even a 372xp but now I'm wondering if I should wait for the verdict on this new one. I really like the power/weight ratio of the 262xp and was looking for something comparible. I don't want to get a heavier saw as I only use it in the fall and I'm not built like a brick shidhouse so the 346xp was really the top contender since most of my trees are 16" and under.

I'm in no rush so what are the feeling about this???

No real feelings, except that the 372xp doesn't fit your needs, and I wouldn't really want the 357xp at this point.

That leaves the 346xp and the 562xp - and only you know your exact conditions.......;)

if the weight specs are correct, i would sit tight and wait for the 562 (a 262 is just shy of 13lbs). if they are more than a few ounces optimistic, then i would have a hard time forking over $700 to save a few ounces, some vibs and the earth.

As I understand it, the 555 doesn't have the rev-boost feature....

At this point I dont understand exactly what the Revboost feature does and how long it acts for.

I get that it increases RPMs, but the press release says it only acts for a few seconds...

I would think you'd want it to operate at that sort of high rev limit for the duration of the limbing? So it purely allows it to accelerate faster? What if you rev at WOT and then cut light stuff continuously for thirty seconds? Will it fall back down?

I wish we had like velcro-ed a tach to the top of spikes prototype

Sure it is for accelleration, that is why it may be a very good feature.

Holding the throttle open through the limbing operation isn't an option, imo. It would be bad for the saw, and also dangerous to the user.

I guess my question is:

if you create a higher bound/limit for the high end revs, does it get to moderate revs faster than it would have if the bound were lower?

Back