So it's October 28th in Sweden...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the way there is now the gray inset on the top cover. That was hard molded into the black top on spike's prototype model. No more little silver embossed XP badges though...

Last edited:
I just wanted to let everyone know that I found a link to a press release dated today with a little info about the two new saws (555 and 562xp)

This is my first time posting so I hope the link below will work. Enjoy!

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/a-world-leader-in-chain-saws-just-got-better-106290558.html

Welcome, and thanks for the link! :cheers:

To me, the content sounds really promising, if you read past the general crap about the company....

No real surprices there, fits well with ealier info and what Spike has said - except that the 560xp is "missing"....

Tommy should read that link closely, as he just loves to read such stories! :greenchainsaw:

Last edited:
Why does the 562 have a noticeable power advantage with the same size engine? I thought the only difference between the two were the bar mounts:confused:

Tim

Why does the 562 have a noticeable power advantage with the same size engine? I thought the only difference between the two were the bar mounts:confused:

Tim

Most likely different cylinder porting an/or different piston, but it could be other details as well.

The large vs. small bar mount thing was about the 560xp and the 562xp, the 555 always was mentioned as a "lesser" non-xp alternative regarding power etc. The model designation of that one is odd though!

Curious on the weight difference of the saws.....does the 555 have a plastic case??

Hardly - but I don't fully understand the difference either - small vs. large bar mount is part of it, but it shouldn't mean that much difference?

I have asked about it before in another thread, but no-one really had a satisfactory answer. The 560xp has been listed at the same weight as the 555.

Ain't she pretty! :heart:

Looks a lot better than the gray top test mule that I have, doesn't it?

I still haven't heard anything different about availability. So, "end of the year" is still the answer, but at this point, we're only talking a couple of months. I just went to the dealer site to check the price list and I see "revised 10/29/10" and I got all excited, but..............they aren't there yet! As long as I get the product code as soon as it's in the system I'll get some from the first shipment to arrive here. I've already told my rep to order me a couple dozen as soon as it's possible.

Don't have any of the answers to the parts of the puzzle that are still missing. Who knows why there's no 560 listed. Maybe they scrapped the two different bar mount idea? (makes life simpler for me) The 555 differences are still unclear, but I don't see how they could be anything other than cylinder and piston related.

If everything stays status quo with the pricing, I guess I'd be selling them in the $625-$650 range.

Ain't she pretty! :heart:

Looks a lot better than the gray top test mule that I have, doesn't it?

I still haven't heard anything different about availability. So, "end of the year" is still the answer, but at this point, we're only talking a couple of months. I just went to the dealer site to check the price list and I see "revised 10/29/10" and I got all excited, but..............they aren't there yet! As long as I get the product code as soon as it's in the system I'll get some from the first shipment to arrive here. I've already told my rep to order me a couple dozen as soon as it's possible.

Don't have any of the answers to the parts of the puzzle that are still missing. Who knows why there's no 560 listed. Maybe they scrapped the two different bar mount idea? (makes life simpler for me) The 555 differences are still unclear, but I don't see how they could be anything other than cylinder and piston related.

If everything stays status quo with the pricing, I guess I'd be selling them in the $625-$650 range.

So hopefully the one you had is the the one thatoes went to production with different paint and larger bar mount.

Last edited:
well..it's ugly. But so what, if it performs. Power tools have taken on that aggressive styling, first noticed it with Hitachi a few years ago. Makita and others have followed. Not a very refined look, and it annoys me a bit - but again, if it kicks ass - no worries. If it's a dog, it'll just get uglier.

Welcome....

I just wanted to let everyone know that I found a link to a press release dated today with a little info about the two new saws (555 and 562xp)

This is my first time posting so I hope the link below will work. Enjoy!

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/a-world-leader-in-chain-saws-just-got-better-106290558.html

Hey Scott, Welcome to AS. That's a helluva SLAM DUNK first post....well done. Kudos to the other members as well for posting updates. Rep is incoming.

I love the looks. Can't really tell from the pics, but it looks to me that the signature Husky angled handle has been scaled back (?) "Transformer" was mentioned........Terminator was my first interpretation. I see plenty of exoskeleton from the clutch side :) Going to be very interesting to see how this saw looks in Black and Red. Who nows, maybe the silver will come back with the next gen Jred's:clap:

Latest posts

Back