So it's October 28th in Sweden...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good Lord, who ever was behind the looks of that saw needs to be fired!

LOl!! Like the guys that did the new 261, from what i hear some guys from Bryant equipment company had one and ran it and they said all they find impressionable about it was less vibration...........

LOl!! Like the guys that did the new 261, from what i hear some guys from Bryant equipment company had one and ran it and they said all they find impressionable about it was less vibration...........

I'm not saying it is a turd or won't preform well.;) I just don't like the looks, that silver just adds to the "cheap" look. I'm starting to see some Poulan in the new huskys.:laugh:

How long did the Bryant guys run the 261? A few cookies? You need to watch the video posted a few days back, that saw is impressive.

I'm not saying it is a turd or won't preform well.;) I just don't like the looks, that silver just adds to the "cheap" look. I'm starting to see some Poulan in the new huskys.:laugh:

How long did the Bryant guys run the 261? A few cookies? You need to watch the video posted a few days back, that saw is impressive.

the guy that ran it from bryant, said he made a few quick cuts and thats was his observations......i hope its not a turd. i really do. ill check out the vids too. at any rate to each thier own man, it takes all kinds...:laugh:

Well, I guess the ones that need to be fired are the Stihl engineers that made the 362 and 261 just "crimped" versions of the 441 - no new thinking allowed there! :blob2::blob2:

And all 3 are good looking saws, that back up their look with power. Hopefully your new huskys will have the power, they lost on the looks.

And all 3 are good looking saws, that back up their look with power. Hopefully your new huskys will have the power, they lost on the looks.

You probably will never learn - but just making a "crimped" version of an existing model seldom works very well - and that is what Stihl have been doing lately! :pumpkin2:

Hey Ale! Hows big red doin? I love my 2188, a very smooth powerful saw.
Hey fellers, all this talk about the 261 and 346 but now the 555 and 562 are here. well, looking at the specs, and I know specs are near useless, but wouldnt these new saws from Husqvarna be the undisputed kings of the 50cc saws. I mean they are technically 59cc's. We say that the 7900 is a 70 cc saw, so I would imagine the 555 and 562 are 50cc saws as well. and by looking at the 4.7 hp, wouldnt there be any doubt as to where the crown will lye? :deadhorse:

I have had a conversation with a rep of Husky Norway about these saws for some time, and he keeps saying that the ones pictured are just "O"-series saws, like pre-production ones. Now, I am pretty sure he is wrong, but I guess he just have to say that, as long as the 357xpg still is listed as a current model on the web-site.

Anyway, I notised that the 395xp is gone from the site here (the 3120 remains), replaced by the 390(xpg only) - next step down is 576(xpg only), with and without AT.
Next down is the traditional 71cc 372xpg, and then we are down to the 357xpg (no streight xp listed).

What this is telling me is a couple of things - (1) The heated saws are very popular here, as there is no un-heated option between the 346xp and the 3120. There basically is the same with Stihl here, but that has lasted a lot longer. The only exception is the MS660 Logosol, that is sold by Stihl (not Logosol) and is relatively cheap here.
(2) The "thinning out" of the 357xp options (there used to be several) suggests to me that something is going to happen pretty soon...... This is the important one!
(3) The 390 has replaced both the 385 and the 395, as expected!

Sorry for this post, I just was a bit bored....

Last edited:
I'd say if there were a lot left, it's a sign that model was not popular. mostly though I'm trying to see if my new sig works.

edit> looks like the time of day is off a bit.

Slightly different picture here in the states. The 357XPG was dropped here over a year ago. The 576XPG is not yet available with Auto-Tune, although I've heard it is available in Canada. Along with the regular 395, we can still get 395XPG's.

The US press release suggests to me that they have scrapped the dual bar mount idea. (Fine with me)

I'm fairly certain that the 357/359 chassis will soon be history. Everything is going the strato route at some point, and they certainly want to get away from using cat muflers. Plus, this situation would be the exact opposite of what is happening with the 576 and 372XT, where the market still prefers the 372. In this case, the new saws are so much better that the market for the older models would all but disappear.

Hey fellers, all this talk about the 261 and 346 but now the 555 and 562 are here. well, looking at the specs, and I know specs are near useless, but wouldnt these new saws from Husqvarna be the undisputed kings of the 50cc saws. I mean they are technically 59cc's. We say that the 7900 is a 70 cc saw, so I would imagine the 555 and 562 are 50cc saws as well. and by looking at the 4.7 hp, wouldnt there be any doubt as to where the crown will lye? :deadhorse:

They will be in the 60cc class, just as the 361 and 357 are.

Slightly different picture here in the states. The 357XPG was dropped here over a year ago. The 576XPG is not yet available with Auto-Tune, although I've heard it is available in Canada. Along with the regular 395, we can still get 395XPG's.

The US press release suggests to me that they have scrapped the dual bar mount idea. (Fine with me)

I'm fairly certain that the 357/359 chassis will soon be history. Everything is going the strato route at some point, and they certainly want to get away from using cat muflers. Plus, this situation would be the exact opposite of what is happening with the 576 and 372XT, where the market still prefers the 372. In this case, the new saws are so much better that the market for the older models would all but disappear.

Of course it is different, that is why I posted it on here! ;)

Regarding the dual bar idea, I am unsure until I know which one they kept for the pro version - no pics really tells. The bars I have seen in the better pics could well be large mount 15" 3/8" ones made in Norway (not by Oregon, but by a Husky owned factory), with 10T noses. Regardless of details, they are Norway made Husky bars, not rebranded Oregons.
My "problem" is that they appear to be the same on the 555 and the 562xp, and the 555 has always been said to have the small mount????

Last edited:
Pics as mentioned earlier.

The pics are better than some others I have seen, but not really good enough!

There is only one thing that I don't like the look of, and that is the chain break.

Last edited:
I have a Powerpoint with the facts of this chaisaw, but I can´t post it here (Sorry, is a promise). But in the Pp. there are a comparative betwenn this saws and the 362, 361 and 357. One example is the crank and flywheel wheigt and diameter. In the 362, is 884g and 106 mm vs 560xp 794grs and 100 mm.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I got that PP too and it looks pretty good i think, don't remember if i made any promise about posting it on the web though ,, will do a check about the web posting :)
Sry mine is a PDF but i guess it's the same info ,,,,

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back