Things we have learned the hard way

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I learned that sometimes gambling on a fart just wasn't worth the risk :(
And not just content...but volume too. Sometimes those presumed "I think I'm safe cause it "feels" like a silent one" one's turn out to be anything but 'bout time you shift weight gently and let out one short, but surprisingly loud pop before you can perform a death grip on your bowels to shut off the flow and sit through the rest of the Sunday sermon trying to hold your breath at both ends.

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

Or finding out the old lady that is sitting a row up who you thought was hard of hearing actually isnt when she turns around and gives you the eye.

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

I learned the hard way, to always check first for urinals ,when in a rush to find a public restroom. About the time you get seated, someone takes the stall next to you. You are wondering why the guy next to you is wearing open toe sandals and nylons. She, meanwhile, is wondering just what kind of woman could be wearing size 13 redwings:-0

NEVER and I do mean NEVER mention buying a new chainsaw if your wife has been talking about getting solid surface countertops....

I have learned that my snowblower has a severe hatred for trailer safety chains, light covered wire Christmas lawn sculptures and extension cords.

I Wouldnt advise using string to stop the crank rotating while trying to take of a clutch ..... Unless you like having to take the cylinder off to melt the string thats caught in the exhaust port with a soldering iron . won't be doing that again :cry:

Arrgh! Colorblindness and wires just don't mix! I keep thinking I have learned my lesson, nope.....

I was renovating a couple mowers today, and went to cut some higher grass around the wellhouse. Well..mr red/green color blind guy plumb forgot about having an orange extension cord out the door there laying in the same high grass.

I guess the blade is sharp enough though....

Always refer to arboristsite over a so called mechanic at the dolmar dealer about how to put bar studs in a sach dolmar 111 dealer said you have to split the case :eek:

After pulling the starter rope a gazillion times with no fire and arm is limply hanging at my side.....I've learned to see if the switch is in the OFF position.
I can definetly relate. That's why I shut down, the flip switch back to "run" position. I've observed my friends leave the switch off, then flood the saw bad.

Back