Things we have learned the hard way

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The worst way to find a lost snowplow shoe is with a snowblower that some idiot used grade 8 bolts as sheer pins .I'm the idiot . Also it's easier to put the salt on the walkway before you take a flipper and darn near kill yourself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dont lend chainsaws.

Remove the flywheel completely before spinning the clutch with an impact.

A 15' wall with a 13' gate is more effective if the gate is shut.

Anti lock brakes don't work in mid air.

Some people will happily use a splitting maul to break concrete...

Don't look over at your brother while hand splitting cedar shims. :chop:It's amazing how odd it looks when it appears that your thumb is growing out the side of the hatchet. Never did find the missing piece, but the darn cat followed me around for a long time after that with a hungry look in it's eyes. :eek:

And don't expect one lesson like that to teach you to be careful around table saws..... :dizzy: That's a story for another time...

...be careful around table saws..... :dizzy: That's a story for another time...
NOT a very good feeling when your fingers hit a circular saw blade... which reminds me, don't try to cut backwards on a table saw, it tends to be a bit grabby.:rolleyes:

Tyr, do they call you 'Lefty'? :)

No.... I still have all my appendages, some just aren't quite as long, or straight, as they started out. :(

NOT a very good feeling when your fingers hit a circular saw blade... which reminds me, don't try to cut backwards on a table saw, it tends to be a bit grabby.:rolleyes:

Not it is not, the last time I did it I realized that it I had done it so many times that the feeling was familiar... More of a burning sensation than anything.

Something else I learned... MAKE SURE YOUR CHAIN STOPS AT IDLE!!! Was walking up the trunk of a large maple topping it when my older brother walked up behind me. Didn't know he was there and dropped my Homelite 360 down by my side. Felt some resistance as it swung past me and turned to see him holding his right arm just below the elbow. Chain was still rotating and he was reaching up to tap me on the shoulder...

He will bear the scars till he dies...

Matt learned not to pick up ping pong balls off the floor in a Thai bar.
Ok...its been days, but when i look in my subscriptions it shows as the last post. And curiosity got the best of me...can we please have the back story that goes along with that? Lol.

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

I learned that when you are looking for sporting goods you can usually just add a "dot com" to the end of many retailers names like LLBean, Cabellas, BassPro and .......

Well lets just says you'd better type the whole DicksSportingGoods dot com if you don't want a rude surprise.

I learned that when you are looking for sporting goods you can usually just add a "dot com" to the end of many retailers names like LLBean, Cabellas, BassPro and .......

Well lets just says you'd better type the whole DicksSportingGoods dot com if you don't want a rude surprise.
My wife found that out too by typing Dicks.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back