Vintage chainsaws!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are a few of mine that I displayed at our local tractor show last fall.

FieldDaysaws002.jpg

vintage chainsaws

You know my dad thinks I got a lot of saws I only have 6, some of your guys collections are amazing. I like seein people gettin these saws and bringin them back to life :chainsawguy:

Ya know, I had a 79 Triumph one time. It was one of those three cylinder Tridents. What a PITA that rig was. Shook like a drunk with the DT's.

I keep forgetting to ask. Where does that door go to ?
Is it like an Alice in Wonderland thing ? Is that how you bring us back to the day of the McCullochs ? LOL

attachment.php

vintage chainsaws

Id have a ####load saws if people would rack up the price of them. They think they own Bentley's .

Vintage...and rambling thoughts

How old do they have to be to be vintage?

That's a good question, with cars it is 25 years.

I would think with chainsaws though it would be pre-chainbrake period. Which I don't know exactly when that was. The other guys would know. I was sorta not paying attention for a few decades there and only had well used no chainbrake saws. I would get like a twenty buck saw and just keep it clean and running as long as possible. If a new plug didn't fix it, time for another twenty buck saw. That was my "one saw plan" for a long time, and it actually worked out quite well. My first owned by me "modern" saw, which I still have and enjoy and is just now needing a little parts and work action, after quite a bit of use and near abuse, is a husky 137 purchased in 2006. If that is the quality of their cheapest bottom of the barrel homeowner grade saw, their top of the line pro saws ought to be rather good...don't ask me, outside my paygrade. I get to read about them though....

Hey, other guys! When were chainbrakes introduced and/or mandated?

Another criteria might be carb limiter locks. I believe that is much more recent though.

I either want fuel injection, or a real carb with free and legal and common sense access, with good factory presets, this government mandated carb crap is just pitiful. The moronic bureaucrats apparently never stopped to think of the pollution aspects of having trashed saws having to be replaced because of running them ultra lean. Oh and then they destroyed the fuel going into the bureaucrat saws as well (meaning more trashed saws) with the assistance of the corn growers and commodities speculators axis of maximum profits alliance. It's clearly a conspiracy....let me get my close personal ..err..dude I read about friend jesse ventura involved on this real quick like...

And now, it is illegal in the USA to consume any food that doesn't contain corn, corn byproducts, corn middlins, high, low and medium fructose corn syrup, reconstituted corn, unrepentant corn, korn, corne or qorne.

It's all true because I read it on the internets (a few hours from now this will be on the internets once google indexes this thread, so there, true facts...) ;)

Hey, here's another question guys..err.. diesel chainsaws? I know there have been a few, but perhaps with more modern metallurgy and..dunno..electric start and fuel preheaters and glowplugs, maybe a potential renaissance? Might be a way around some of the more onerous mandates lately...

...hmm, I have an old "multi fuel" Briggs, similar to those tractors they used to make and are still out there running, ford Ns maybe? I don't have the kit for it, but I have a model that is designed for it. You start the thing on gasoline, once running, you can switch to kerosene. That's the theory anyway. The kero supposedly drips someplace on a hot manifold, and thence vaporizes enough for the engine to use it. I wonder if something like this might be adapted to chainsaws?

Mostly dang it I just want one rural fuel, diesel, that's it. I just don't like having to have different cans with different fuel in them just to run machinery.

No saw pictures with girls in them.
There are plenty of other sites for that stuff, we don't need it here.
LOL
Great post, great pictures, and wheres the one with the Husky girls? (no, not snackeys, girls with Husky's)

Latest posts

Back