Vintage chainsaws!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya, I otta get my 620super going. I got another RA, but it needs a whole lot of work.

attachment.php

Hey,..you got one of them blue and white Homies , looks just like the one I have now.
Pioneerguy600

So Brian..............that means that any saw over 19 years old is 'vintage'???:D

Hey Jerry,
Where in Ca are you gonna be on the 15th? I'd like to buy you a beer.:cheers:

I should be in San Fran. on Tue afternoon, will likely stay in Berkley that night. Going to tour the coast after that. If you want send me a PM and we can exchange phone numbers, maybe we can meet up if I get close to where you live.
Pioneerguy600

Sweet! What did it end up needing?

I soaked the tank out with my favourite cleaner, it came out looking like new, squeaky clean. Next I replaced the fuel line and in tank filter, installed a new carb kit, the carb was spotless inside but the diaphragms were very stiff. The points needed filing to remove that grey layer of tarnish that builds up on the contacts, then set them at the specified .015. Fueled it up and it started on the first pull, always give a newly rebuilt carb a little squirt of mix in the throat first time starting. Ran the saw for 15 mins before I adjusted the H in 1/8 turn to get it to stop fourstroking in the cut, now it cleans out immediately and pulls twostroke when the chain digs in. Sharpened that original chain up real nice, calipered each tooth and readjusted top plate angle over to 35 deg from the near 45 deg it was filed at, pulls real smooth now. That saw is definitely very low hour, no covers were ever removed from it, carb never touched , original bar and chain on it. I have not seen a better one around here since they were sold new.
Many thanks Will.
Pioneerguy600

I soaked the tank out with my favourite cleaner, it came out looking like new, squeaky clean. Next I replaced the fuel line and in tank filter, installed a new carb kit, the carb was spotless inside but the diaphragms were very stiff. The points needed filing to remove that grey layer of tarnish that builds up on the contacts, then set them at the specified .015. Fueled it up and it started on the first pull, always give a newly rebuilt carb a little squirt of mix in the throat first time starting. Ran the saw for 15 mins before I adjusted the H in 1/8 turn to get it to stop fourstroking in the cut, now it cleans out immediately and pulls twostroke when the chain digs in. Sharpened that original chain up real nice, calipered each tooth and readjusted top plate angle over to 35 deg from the near 45 deg it was filed at, pulls real smooth now. That saw is definitely very low hour, no covers were ever removed from it, carb never touched , original bar and chain on it. I have not seen a better one around here since they were sold new.
Many thanks Will.
Pioneerguy600

Your welcome. I knew it was a winner. I couldn't believe it when I pulled the carb cover off and saw no dust in there. I think it sat in someone's garage its whole life. I'm real glad you got it going and made some use out of it.

Your welcome. I knew it was a winner. I couldn't believe it when I pulled the carb cover off and saw no dust in there. I think it sat in someone's garage its whole life. I'm real glad you got it going and made some use out of it.

I was thinking that I would give it to my BIL before it got here, now that I have fixed it up there is no way he`s getting this one....LOL
I had the muffler off and sandblasted it up real nice, the piston and cylinder are mint.
Pioneerguy600

This is the "vintage" load I picked up Wednesday. By the way, the orange Dayton in the front turned out to be a rebadged Poulan 5200.

EMsaws003.jpg

If that big saw is orange it the Reed Prentice Timberhog.

Craftsman 1200 is the grey version.

regardless, with the bar and helper its a good score. does it turn over?

The Reed Prentice is a red/orange color and does turn over, however the plug wire is broken off. All the Timberhog's on Acres site had different powerheads and handles than this one while the Craftsman matched up. How many cc's?

Latest posts

Back