A legend on the porch: Super 797

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cpr

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
It's here. I've only had time to open the box and do a quick once over before supper. I'll get more pics up later and maybe a video, but I doubt that, we have severe storms in the area tonight.

Here's a quick teaser, though.
attachment.php

:chainsaw:

It's here. I've only had time to open the box and do a quick once over before supper. I'll get more pics up later and maybe a video, but I doubt that, we have severe storms in the area tonight.

Here's a quick teaser, though.
attachment.php

dang cpr,,,,your a bigger tease then my wife,,:cheers::)

CPR, I can't wait to see more pics. Lets get that video up...LOL

:clap:

:popcorn:

CPR, All i can say is your going to
love that saw. They are one of my
favorites and a blast the run.

Congrats on a great american muscle saw.
Please more pic's and what carb is on her.

Lee

Sorry guys, but I've been left drooling on the keyboard so many times...

I started doing some basic cleaning on it and it really is in nice shape. This was an ex-county highway dept. saw. I figure it spent more time rattling around a truck bed or sitting on a shelf than running. It has dents and dings, but not very much sawdust and the drive sprocket isn't worn.

The grill on the air filter housing will have to be replaced as will the starter cover due to a crack. Also the 2 bolts that attach the rear handle to the block are gone, so no cutting today. Plus the rubber inside the upper right handle mount is half gone and will need to be replaced, again an easy fix.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

McCulloch Walbro SDC carb. Never messed with one of these before.

attachment.php

attachment.php

More to come...

If I'm right, the 13 on the right of the serial number might be the prefix code which would make this an early 1969 saw.

attachment.php

Should I port it??? Of course not!!! Hone marks still visible in jug. Pretty clean in there.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Compression is ???. I absolutely do not trust my gauge. This saw tested 125psi. I knew that was wrong and checked it in some other saws. The gauge will not go past 125psi in saws that have tested above 170. Time for a new one.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z4_nyrhezXg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z4_nyrhezXg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I'll clean it up some more and try to cut with it tomorrow.

Back