036 and 044, All bases covered

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Indy Red

ArboristSite Member
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Thankfully the 044 rebuild is finished and here it is with my ever faithful 036. Both are running spot on and I would imagine these saws will handle all I need to throw at them.

Have put a few tanks through the 044 and although it will eventually need a new piston/cylinder at the moment It Is cutting great.

Attachments

• 20240729_152620.jpg
    20240729_152620.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 0
You look after those two saws and they will last a very long time, they became my go to saws way back around 1990, the 044 was my first and then a 036 PRO , since then 8 - 10 of them stay with me full time with 28 passing through /being built and released to terrorize the forest. I have a difficult time these days rotating all of them through to get some run time on each one.

Yep could not agree more, I am excited to use my 044, been cutting some 40" Ash with it and it's a dream to use but I do love my 036 the power to weight is fantastic.
Wanted to say thankyou as well for all the advice you and other forum members have given me regarding the 044 rebuild, I know a lot more than I did 4 weeks ago.

Back