2024 garden season

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Few peppers from yesterday.
20240724_130502.jpg

Thanks. Not as nice as they could be with the high temps we've been having. Had to run drip lines every day this month until 2 days ago. Drip lines back on tomorrow.
I understand.

And another thing I understand about harvesting. To get crops from seed to harvest is not a one and done proposition. It takes work and tending and more work before it is harvest time.

Wait till you see the crops weeds I have grown. ( Pics to come, as promised up thread. We'd love a haul of peppers instead.

I understand.

And another thing I understand about harvesting. To get crops from seed to harvest is not a one and done proposition. It takes work and tending and more work before it is harvest time.

Wait till you see the crops weeds I have grown. ( Pics to come, as promised up thread. We'd love a haul of peppers instead.

This thread has been a thread about vegetable gardening.

If you started your own thread about weed management you might get more input, but more importantly you wouldn't be pulling this thread off topic.

This thread has been a thread about vegetable gardening.

If you started your own thread about weed management you might get more input, but more importantly you wouldn't be pulling this thread off topic.
Part of my reason for my questions about weed management, also pertain to my wife's area that has 6-8 raised beds that were once loaded with her vegetable plants a couple years ago, but are now filled with overgrown weeds. I am hoping to get advice on clearing out the weeds in case we can salvage time to get a few late crops in either that space or other areas in our yard nearby.

One step at a time.

Part of my reason for my questions about weed management, also pertain to my wife's area that has 6-8 raised beds that were once loaded with her vegetable plants a couple years ago, but are now filled with overgrown weeds. I am hoping to get advice on clearing out the weeds in case we can salvage time to get a few late crops in either that space or other areas in our yard nearby.

Photos please!

Hand pulling is the only way to get rid of those weeds in your vegetables. (speaking of homeowner sized gardens)

I can post photos of my hand pulling weed technique if it will help.

You don't want chemicals in your food plot.

Del_

I am leaning toward power tool trimmage of the tall stuff, then as I mentioned up thread, because the area is soon to be needed for access to do roof work, I plan to relocate the raised beds. This will require hand digging up the soil mix, which should loosen most of the weeds roots enough for me to rake, hand pull the weed roots and then wheel barrow the good soil to the new bed areas.

I bet it will.

Let's see that bed!

@Del_ I am likely to take you up on the new thread suggestion for " clearing, weed control etc"

I shot a few pics of my driveway, and driveway side overgrowth yesterday as I was weeding. I will include those over there, as well as any more that I take of our FLOWER garden portion in the front of the house, and the tree lines to the rear and each side. This will be the right place for that topic.

Once I get some shots of the Food Garden Beds as is, I will post them in here, so as to stick to the intent of this thread, and my original reason for posting my first message.

@Del_ I am likely to take you up on the new thread suggestion for " clearing, weed control etc"

I shot a few pics of my driveway, and driveway side overgrowth yesterday as I was weeding. I will include those over there, as well as any more that I take of our FLOWER garden portion in the front of the house, and the tree lines to the rear and each side. This will be the right place for that topic.

Once I get some shots of the Food Garden Beds as is, I will post them in here, so as to stick to the intent of this thread, and my original reason for posting my first message.

A new thread would be good for you because then you could more easily go back to the informational suggestions that you like. Otherwise suggestions are more dispersed. Plus it will pop up for people searching for similar advice. The more descriptive the title, the better. For instance this thread would be better with the word 'vegetable' in it. Another good thread title would be '2024 Ornamental Gardening'. etc.

This is of no importance but I suggested this very forum to the owners back in 2010, I believe it was. The Firewood, too.

Do it.

We could use a new 'Vegatation control' thread.
DON'T DO IT.

He pulled this same crap with me a while back.
And then, after taking his advice, thinking he was being helpful, he admitted he just wanted to get me out of the gardening thread!
Trust me, I know. And so do the others on AS.

DON'T DO IT.

He pulled this same crap with me a while back.
And then, after taking his advice, thinking he was being helpful, he admitted he just wanted to get me out of the gardening thread!
Trust me, I know. And so do the others on AS.

You were filling the vegetable gardening thread up with your OCD postings about the farmers damaging your trees with chemicals. It needed it's own thread.

I said nothing about joining you in your circus and had no plans to join in.

Are you sorry that you started your own thread?

Back