2024 garden season

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couple of things I put in the fair this weekend.
20241018_124546.jpg
20241018_124729.jpg
20241018_125245.jpg
20241018_125241.jpg
20241018_125040.jpg

I'll be honest with you. my strawberry plants have to do the best they can. we just leave them in the ground, no cover or mulch. they come back each year. Probably not the best method, but, we just try to grow enough for a pie or two
We got a patch here 12'x60' and never touch them! lol! ---- and we got voles here bad too. You could put the pots in the ground for the winter OR keep them in the basement for the winter, --- depending on how many you have.
I had some in an earthbox one year on the porch and I put them in the basement for the winter and they never did stop growing. Drug the box out in the spring and they went right on doing their thing.

found a row of bell peppers over by the celery row.

and a couple waterway pix.
found a few more flowers in the field that came in the pollenator mix. the white ball is buttonbush and the other is grey willow.
I keep finding different stuff out there.

The strawberries were going to be hanging baskets, but I hurt my arm so they ended up in big pots. Plan is to get some big baskets next spring

The strawberries were going to be hanging baskets, but I hurt my arm so they ended up in big pots. Plan is to get some big baskets next spring
I like that idea. I have a few plants in the ground that did okay this year, but I think I'll try putting some in baskets when I see them come back in the spring.

Latest posts

Back