A red and black Husky 353

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's amazing what a few pics can do. You guys really like that thing, huh? I know my Red Max rep would love for me to order some of them, but I never seriously considered it. In fact I don't even stock the 2152 or 353 because serious users want the 2153 and 346NE and homeowner types buy saws like the 350/450/455/460. (The 450 is a very nice saw, it will catch on here before long) The 570 is an even bigger sales dud, but the reasoning behind a Red Max version is so they can say "we have a big saw". In a way, what Husky has done is like some guys do in those "borrowed saw" threads when they loan out their least favorite saw. They gave Red Max a couple of unpopular models that don't sell very well.

BTW, I don't know if anyone mentioned it yet, but being based on the 353/2152 the Red Max shares that wonderful cat muffler. I do like Troll's idea of making it into a 346NE. I could almost see one of them following me home.

:cheers:
It's amazing what a few pics can do. You guys really like that thing, huh? I know my Red Max rep would love for me to order some of them, but I never seriously considered it. In fact I don't even stock the 2152 or 353 because serious users want the 2153 and 346NE and homeowner types buy saws like the 350/450/455/460. (The 450 is a very nice saw, it will catch on here before long) The 570 is an even bigger sales dud, but the reasoning behind a Red Max version is so they can say "we have a big saw". In a way, what Husky has done is like some guys do in those "borrowed saw" threads when they loan out their least favorite saw. They gave Red Max a couple of unpopular models that don't sell very well.

BTW, I don't know if anyone mentioned it yet, but being based on the 353/2152 the Red Max shares that wonderful cat muffler. I do like Troll's idea of making it into a 346NE. I could almost see one of them following me home.

Yes, so could I - but I want a ported one the next time, just out of curiosity...

Maybe I should just ask Dan to buy a NE346xp, and port it for me? :popcorn:

What do you think Jack? :confused:

About primer bulbs belongs on trimmers,,,and I ate alot of crow since then....The ne346xp came into my life and such a joy to just crank 3 or 4 times instead of tryin to start the old mcc's..Yes,,it does make a diffrence,,and I'll never say a bad thing about em again....

My Echo CS310 with primer bulb always fires on the first pull and runs on the 2nd pull. My 69 y.o. body appreciates not having to pull the starter rope any more times than absolutely necessary. :givebeer:

:agree2: I like my 450 nice little saw for the money and nice power!

Back