Back from Mr. Hall's, MS181, MS211, MS441 tests.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those weights, is that with or without the bar? Hmmm....11lbs, seems kind heavy for a 2hp-class saw considering the 180 weighs 8.8lbs. Where is all that extra weight coming from?

Since the 260 weighs 10.6lbs and the 270 weighs 11.7lbs, I am sorta at a loss for where the 211 fits into the lineup. Do you feel the 221 has a niche for limbing jobs, or will the 026 be your go-to saw for those jobs?

The 181/211 is 11lbs ready to cut. I'm not sure on the weight but it's light to me. The 260 is closer to 12.5lbs ready to cut. The 211 fits into the lineup because it's less $$$$ than a 260 and a better saw than some pos you get a wally world or blowes. You also have service after the sale.

I might have a "special" 211 but it makes alot of power for it's size, for the echo to weigh only 1 pound less it lost badly enough to get put into the "loaner" saw place. I didn't use the 026 much on this job but it can't be replaced as it gets ran the most. The 026 clearly has more power and can really zip off big limbs quick.

Wood ole buddy, ya just gotta be smarter than the crud and the bol.... ahhhh nevermind... forgot who I was talking too. :laugh:

I'd pay attention if I were you...it's particularly important for you Stihl boys that continually run dull chain. :D

Speaking of 'crud in the bolt,' how's that Gay 460 workin' out for you lately?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

LOL, Its much more of a man's saw than your 2171 could ever be.:food:

I finally got the gas smell out of that rental, took 2 of those smelly trees and about a whole bottle of Febreze.:dizzy:

Much easier to clean? You drunk again?

Drunk? Not yet, snow day here and been snowshoeing most of the day. Give me 10 minutes and I will be. :cheers:

I can clean any crudded up allen bolt on my saws with an awl. The T27 is a pain.

No, we just buy good saws to begin with.:chainsaw:

Those Irwin hand saws are pretty good, suppose that is why most NCinians don't have their left thumb.

Drunk? Not yet, snow day here and been snowshoeing most of the day. Give me 10 minutes and I will be. :cheers:

I can clean any crudded up allen bolt on my saws with an awl. The T27 is a pain.

Those Irwin hand saws are pretty good, suppose that is why most NCinians don't have their left thumb.

Go ahead and get to drankin' the verbal beating is about to take place.

:D:D:D

Funny how the only people that have screws loose are the stihl heads.

Also the people that only have problems with screws coming out of their saws, are friends of Stihl heads, always 3rd hand information from the Stihl heads that know somebody that has a saw falling apart???? Go figure.

Funny how the only people that have screws loose are the stihl heads.

Also the people that only have problems with screws coming out of their saws, are friends of Stihl heads, always 3rd hand information from the Stihl heads that know somebody that has a saw falling apart???? Go figure.

Don't blame us, blame your maker.

btw, this is all in fun.:biggrinbounce2:

A update on the 211.....

I've been running the pee out of this little saw, got 9 tanks so far, used 3 tanks on noodles in the last few days.:D This saw is a beast for it's size, hard to believe this saw is only 35cc. These rounds were the logs we didn't use at the GTG. They averaged 18-22" long and 14-16" diameter, this saw pulled noodles great if you kept it at a decent angle. I got a video but don't know if I can load it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Got the video up, not sure why the "http://" thing is coming up. Here is the 211 throwing some noodles, you can see if it isn't held at a angle it clogs up and throws them out of the top. If ya'll are wondering why I have on so much PPE, I was cutting the tops in limbs small enough for me to drag to the brush pile. These tops are full of freaking vines and I have cut my knee in the past doing this without chaps, now I use chaps and my trimmer muffs/sheild is nice to have to keep the chips out.
http://<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i574.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid574.photobucket.com/albums/ss187/2000ssm6/MOV00383.flv">

Back