Back from Mr. Hall's, MS181, MS211, MS441 tests.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know this is a shotty pic but here are the 3. Standard 3/8" on the right, 3/8" Picco on the left and mini picco in the middle.

attachment.php

A pic of the 460 w/ 25"b&c

attachment.php

And the stump with the rotton center that "happen" to catch on fire.:D

attachment.php

The Picco Micro Narrow is Stihl's 3/8 .043. I would expect that the Stihl chain is better than the :censored:Oregon stuff that gets dull while you're looking at it.

The Picco Micro Narrow is Stihl's 3/8 .043. I would expect that the Stihl chain is better than the :censored:Oregon stuff that gets dull while you're looking at it.

Yup, that's it. I just looked in the new book, it is .043, PMMC3. I have not found a chain better than Stihl but the LGX seems to be close.

I have not been past taking the air filter cover off but looking in the handle, that rod takes a bunch of turns.

Take the cover off and squeeze the trigger... you'll notice the linkage rotates instead of sliding. Not sure what they have going on there but it looks like a PITA at first glance. It may well be pretty simple and easy, like I said I didn't tear it down (yet :laugh:) we just got them in Friday and I gave it a quick once over out of curiosity, was to busy at the time to really look it over good. I like to tear the new stuff down and check it out first hand... when someone asks a question I like to have the answer, best way to sell something is to know what the he11 you’re talking about. :cheers:

Take the cover off and squeeze the trigger... you'll notice the linkage rotates instead of sliding. Not sure what they have going on there but it looks like a PITA at first glance. It may well be pretty simple and easy, like I said I didn't tear it down (yet :laugh:) we just got them in Friday and I gave it a quick once over out of curiosity, was to busy at the time to really look it over good. I like to tear the new stuff down and check it out first hand... when someone asks a question I like to have the answer, best way to sell something is to know what the he11 you’re talking about. :cheers:

Ah yes, I see. Another thing is that the trigger feels a little harder to pull than my other Stihls, it must be the new linkage.

Thanks for the pics on the mysterious 6xx saw. It looks cool

Yup, I wanted to give those news saws a good run and will continue to add to this thread as they get some more run time.

Have you ever ran a 441? If not, try one out if possible, I was very impressed with it's power and feel. If the 661 is like it, it will be a awesome saw.:clap:

Man, that is one small ass chain. Leave it up to stihl to make a smaller chain for their underpowered saws to pull. ;)

Thanks for the pic.

Yup, I wanted to give those news saws a good run and will continue to add to this thread as they get some more run time.

Have you ever ran a 441? If not, try one out if possible, I was very impressed with it's power and feel. If the 661 is like it, it will be a awesome saw.:clap:

I'm actually starting to look forward to the MS461.... I think. :dunno:

Yes I have ran the 441, but not a ton of trigger time. My initial reaction was more power than the 440, better vibes and a broader powerband. I did notice the weight, but I'm used to running the 372, 7900, 440. It felt more like a 460/7900 from the weight standpoint. I also only ran it with a 20" bar, so I don't know what it is like with a 24". Maybe when my pile of 044/440's dry up, I might own one, but not going out of my way to get one.

Yes I have ran the 441, but not a ton of trigger time. My initial reaction was more power than the 440, better vibes and a broader powerband. I did notice the weight, but I'm used to running the 372, 7900, 440. It felt more like a 460/7900 from the weight standpoint. I also only ran it with a 20" bar, so I don't know what it is like with a 24". Maybe when my pile of 044/440's dry up, I might own one, but not going out of my way to get one.

Tom's had a 20" also but it felt like a 25"-28" would be perfect. I'm in the same boat and have 3 70cc saws now, another would be nice but not needed.

I want to join the chourus of "I told you so" concerning the MS441. I traded a mint 044 for one after they first were introduced. I could tell imeadiately the Stihl had done their homework, smooth, peppy acceleration and powerful saw. I have read posts on here with negative comments and while I understand a person's feelings about a saw, good or bad, are subjective and what I like is not necessarily what someone else will like. But the negative comments seemed to be made by people who had not run the 441. I say try it and if you really don't like it, fine. That leaves more for me!

Us Husky guys have been trying to tell the Stihl heads about the smoothness of the AV and Air Injection for years now. Now the STIHLAVARNA 441 comes out, and its the greatest thing since sliced bread??? LOL WTH

Kool, did he tear the intake boot?

I thought is was 2000ssm6's intake boot that was torn up from Buffalo Tommy.

Back