Building a SP125C / 101B Kart Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a portion of my manifolds......but looks like the slopers are straight, one dual and one single. I like the V-12 reed with the a big single burris mikuni or the twin tillitsons. The twin set-up can be alittle harder to tune. These are 4-sale.....with Leeha and RiverRat getting first choice......Don't even ask Brad!.......Hahahahahahaha!

001-5.jpg

Sweet assortment of manifolds there, Dennis. I don't see anything there I can use though. Keep trying:)

Dennis, that is a very impressive collection you got there. I have one question, Im fairly new to this site and am wondering, What is up with all the HAHAHAHAHHAHA? Is that like your calling card, kinda like "gigidy gigidy" or "I pity the fool" or WAIT I GOT IT, woody wood pecker, thats it! Right your copying Woody Wood Pecker? I loved that cartoon. You do have a nice collection of McCulloch speed there, I really like the dual carb setup. Kinda reminds me of a tunnel ram with two double pumper 750's on it. Looks mean just sitting there!

Dennis, that is a very impressive collection you got there. I have one question, Im fairly new to this site and am wondering, What is up with all the HAHAHAHAHHAHA? Is that like your calling card, kinda like "gigidy gigidy" or "I pity the fool" or WAIT I GOT IT, woody wood pecker, thats it! Right your copying Woody Wood Pecker? I loved that cartoon. You do have a nice collection of McCulloch speed there, I really like the dual carb setup. Kinda reminds me of a tunnel ram with two double pumper 750's on it. Looks mean just sitting there!

My guess is that it's an inside joke between Dennins and Brad....

Here's a portion of my manifolds......but looks like the slopers are straight, one dual and one single. I like the V-12 reed with the a big single burris mikuni or the twin tillitsons. The twin set-up can be alittle harder to tune. These are 4-sale.....with Leeha and RiverRat getting first choice......Don't even ask Brad!.......Hahahahahahaha!

001-5.jpg

Dennis,, that BDC up the back, by chance is it a alky carby and if it is would it be any good to a working class aussie like me, I'm realizing of coarse others get first pic.

001-5.jpg

come on dennis you have got to have one of the manifold that goes in place of the stuffer for a 4 carb set up where's it at? Thanks Troy!

Dennis,, that BDC up the back, by chance is it a alky carby and if it is would it be any good to a working class aussie like me, I'm realizing of coarse others get first pic.

Neil, have several of those BDC's. Haven't looked to see if they're drilled for alkie or not. If you need them, let me know. Later Dennis

Last edited:
I also learned that this block has already been in a chainsaw, so the conversion work has already been done:clap:

Do I need a 101 stuffer, or can I use the one off the SP125C?

Herb told me this afternoon that someone's selling GEM like mufflers without the name on them. Anyone have a source for them?

The gusseted 101 stuffers won't work. Easiest to use a 125 stuffer so you don't have to drill the ao impulse port. The shape of them is the same anyway.

I finally got around to tearing down this other SP125C that already had a 101 block in it. It had no compression and rattled when you pulled it over. I was told this saw ran and had great compression at one point. What I found is nothing short of amazing. The piston is .020" smaller than the bore! The rings are actually smaller than the piston! Three of the six head bolts were stripped out with no threads in them at all. How this thing could have possibly run is beyond me!

This .030" over piston I have is .010" bigger than the bore. It looks like an over bore of about .016" will make a nice fit for this piston.

What should be done with the rod bolts? Can they be tapped to a larger size, or should I put in steel inserts? I noticed that the threads are way receded on the three good holes. Is that necessary, or can they just be sufficiently below the surface so as to not affect head sealing?

Bore - 2.295"
Piston - 2.2715" bottom skirt, 2.2745" just below ring. Yes, smaller at the skirt.

Last edited:
What should be done with the rod bolts? Can they be tapped to a larger size, or should I put in steel inserts? I noticed that the threads are way receded on the three good holes. Is that necessary, or can they just be sufficiently below the surface so as to not affect head sealing.[/QUOTE]

Are you talking rod bolts or head bolts.
If rod bolts, Throw them away as well as the rod
if there damaged in anyway. If your talking head
bolts. Buy new bolts and the nuts they thread into.
The head bolts do not thread into the block itself.

Lee

Are you talking rod bolts or head bolts.
If rod bolts, Throw them away as well as the rod
if there damaged in anyway. If your talking head
bolts. Buy new bolts and the nuts they thread into.
The head bolts do not thread into the block itself.

Lee

You're right. I meant head bolts. I did have a few extra nuts laying around, lol. Guess I know where they go now. My isn't it fun learning a new engine:( I will be using new rod bolts.

Edit: I just went and looked. I see where three of the nuts are held in with clips, and three just slide into a recess. Those had fallen out.

Last edited:
Back