Building a SP125C / 101B Kart Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brad you are dealing with the best man I know for Mc Karts. If you have problems, questions, etc. ask Terry Ives. He is one of the premier builders and has the answers and parts for Karts right at his fingertips. He KNOWS!

And if you happen to get 6203 bearings with the
seals in them, You can just pop the seals out.
All the crank seals i have been getting are oem.
Bobs Lawnmower, Discount marine, or vintage vixon
on ebay had a bunch. There will be 3 seals, all
different.

Lee

Last edited:
Cpr had a saw like that as well where there was a piston that was significantly smaller than the bore. Is it possible that was done on purpose? Dont see where that would seem like a good plan.

Brad, I think this is the longest on going build you've ever had! I bet your getting anxious!!

Brad, I think this is the longest on going build you've ever had! I bet your getting anxious!!

Sure isn't like building a modern saw! I still don't have the sloper from northern Ohio, lol. I'm still waiting for him to tell me how much shipping is. He actually takes it down and has it weighed. Then I have to mail him a money order. Old school all the way:)

Here's a MC 91 engine that arrived this week. This baby is nice. I would pull it down for a good cleaning before running it, but it looks to be in excellent condition. So, what should it go in, a 250 for some 44 variant? What makes for the cleanest conversion, AV, auto oiler, etc.?

IMG8134-M.jpg

IMG8135-M.jpg

IMG8136-M.jpg

IMG8137-M.jpg

I had no idea these carbs were so big! I think this monster would fuel a SBC!
IMG8139-M.jpg

IMG8138-M.jpg

And here's a nice new handle for my 101 saw.
IMG8140-M.jpg

Send it too me, Ill stick it in a hybrid of sorts. Then ship it directly back.

Worth a try anyways. I think a nice new paint job on a 250 with black top and the super lid, or drill ya some holes... Full wrap, and big dog. 30" roller nose.

Sounds perfect to me... 44s have a good look to them, that I almost prefer over the 250s

Go with the 250, will be the easiest to build.
[video=youtube_share;cs8LoMhT6YQ]http://youtu.be/cs8LoMhT6YQ[/video]
[video=youtube_share;_zs3ta3xWR8]http://youtu.be/_zs3ta3xWR8[/video]

Last edited:
Finally! The 101 block should be headed back from Terry with the new piston, bearings, bolts, etc. The sloper should be headed this way today as well.

Glad that it's coming along. I hate to confess my ignorance, but no one else is willing, or they all already know, but what in tarnation is a sloper?

Glad that it's coming along. I hate to confess my ignorance, but no one else is willing, or they all already know, but what in tarnation is a sloper?

Yes the regular Kart intakes will interfere with the tank, but supposedly the sloper will fit under the tank. The stock SP125 intake is small and it only has two reeds. The slopers are usually V4's, which means they have four reeds in a "V" formation. This type of reed setup greatly improves the flow.

The biggest intakes are V12's which take two carburetors. They interfere with the tank, so with this setup a custom tank can be built. Here is one that recently sold on Ebay:

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Here is an old Saw King video that shows a kart saw with a straight intake and a custom tank. Cuts pretty good.

[video=youtube;dhgurOBErqY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhgurOBErqY[/video]

Latest posts

Back