chain gauge on bigger saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tony, i know exactly what you mean!! they move DOWN here because they like the atmosphere of the people and way of life plus the job market but the first thing they try to do is to change things down here to be like they were where they came from!!!:angry: i don't know that it is so much a "Northern Thing" as it is a "City person thing". It really irrates me to no end though:mad: They want to be tolerant of the foreigners that move to this country and let them continue to speak their own language and not learn english but its not alright for the south to continue to carry on like we have for the past fifty years!! i just wish they would respect our culture instead of tring to change it:(

if i offened anyone on here i didn't mean to, i think that ya'll are a good group of people for the most part with the exception of Stihlmagnum and Brian!!LOL:p it just seems that my area gets all the out cast idiots from california and new york and new jersy:(

I used to be one of those city people from up north. Sure, there's alot of things I don't like about the south, but what I do like is that I can mind my own business and not worry about it. People are generally happy to return the favor, too.;)

mabe thats why they move here from
up there . nobody will put up withum up there either. u guys would have to live here in rural carolina to know what we talkin about. just imagine a new hand starting to work and trying to run the crew from day one. there aint but one way to handle that,and im normally friendly an easy to get along with.
its not really about where they are from .
its what they are accustomed to . which is usually why they move here,[to get away from it]in the first place. they like the pretty country and slower pace. then they proceed to try make it like their old place was.
to be honest lots are smart enough to backup a bit until they fit in a little better.
no offence to any one . just the way i see it.

Tony i like the way you put that. what really gets me is that people move to the country and when they hear gunshots they call the law....."what you mean people are allowed to shoot around here????" or they get mad when they smell the dairy down the road. makes me wonder why they moved to the country in the first place:confused: and for all you up north.....QUIT SENDING US YOUR IDIOTS!!!!!LOL:D

I'm thinking some of Don's OTF thread about developers, etc hsa spilled over here...at the risk of forcing this one over there too...

It seems like the developer probably had knowledge that the old trees would be a problem, and chose to do as he pleased with them, over the objections of a lot of people there. Happens all the time...plan to disobey the law and pay a fine that is usually less cost than screwing around trying to get permits, and do it the right way.

At that point, is the issue about doing what you want with your own land, about disobeying a law you don't like, or just about doing whatever you want because you're big enough to?

If that's where we are, How come I cant rent out my south "40" as a toxic waste dump:blob2:?

Where does an individual's responsibility to his fellows end, where does society's right to engineer for the greatest good end? If I could answer that one, I'd probably...get killed.

chain gauge

Just reading through this thread and man you guys have gone just about everywere on this one... lol

Just wondering Tony if in fact that Solo 667 had .050 or .058
All the stuff I see on Solo saws that size is .058 unless someone swaps out the bar and chain.

Curious...

havnt got the saw yet. harold says the money order hasnt arrived yet. in any case ,on checking u are rite he says it takes .58 gauge. im hoping it gets there today so he can ship it. i hate to get into the mess of tracing lost money orders.
im hoping it gets there today . guess i should of sent it special delivery.:(

Boy, this thing really got off subject. I wish we could start new thresds instead of coming on with some that has absolutely nothing to do with the thread.

Anyway, Anything but minisaw Solos I'm familiar with come with .058 gauge chain. I only see .050 on Echos, Poulans, and now the newer generation Stihls. It seems to be anything that has cutting trains supplied by Oregon.

Does anyone Know if any .050 is used in Europe?

i run .050 gague on my homelite sxl-925 and it has no problems. but if you step to a larger gague chain depending on how long the bar is you have to consider the added weight. if you want to get a heavier i would suggest .058 gague. but i am sure with that size powerhead you should have no problem with .050.

Hello All
The MS 360 I recently bought came with an 18 inch bar using a .063 guage chain. I wanted a 20" bar so he took one off a 44Magnum.Also .063 guage. They're using this guage so people will buy chain from them(The owner told me) I may go to a different brand bar and go to .050 guage so I need your opinions on which bar is comparable to a Stihl E S bar. The only ones I've looked at are those in Bailey's Catalogue.(Oregon,Carlton,Woodsman Pro and Sandvick.) The saw cuts plenty good as is, but wouldn't .050 cut faster?
Thanks

Originally posted by Brush Stomper
Hello All
The MS 360 I recently bought came with an 18 inch bar using a .063 guage chain. ......... The saw cuts plenty good as is, but wouldn't .050 cut faster?
Thanks
99% of users will not be able to tell the difference in cutting speed. The difference in cutting speed will be negligable. Most users will get a much faster cut just by improving their chain sharpening ability or cleaning their air filter more often.

Kenny,
Just curious...what pitch chain does that MS360 have on it?
The gauge refers only to the width that the drive links have been coined down to. Since they ride in the groove of the bar, they should have no effect on cutting speed.

Bill,
He mentioned that the dealer took the bar and chain off of a new 044Magnum, It's 3/8" pitch.

dan-
whell it is getting winter and the farm has shut down for the winter so i am not working all of the time anymore. so i got some extra time to talk on this forum

Latest posts

Back