Chain loosening

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know a guy who drive his Mercedes diesel sedan across the country, stopping at Sam’s Club locations, because vegetable oil was cheaper than diesel fuel at the time.

*I am not encouraging this*

It was an older model, and his Dad was a mechanic, so they knew some stuff that I don’t.

The back of his car was also covered in soot when he reached us.

There are also guys who ‘reprocess’ old french fry oil for this.

Philbert
Loads of “eco” folks in California are running used veg oil from the back of fast food chain restaurants and the like and running them in their diesel engines. Between the eco-conscious folks and the price of diesel being over 5 bucks a gallon so many folks are doing this now that the guys working at McDonalds or whatnot steal the used veg oil from work and there’s a full secondary market for this stuff here… it’s wild.

Between my farm tractors and the diesel pickup truck, my little buggy and my wife's Suburban, I tend to go through about 20 gallons of T6 as well and adding in the hydraulic oil from the tractors, total is about 90 gallons every year so I purchased a while ago, a smaller waste oil furnace and I burn my own for heat and always looking for more actually.

I run T6 5-40 in everything with an engine. Gas or diesel makes no difference. Been doing that for years now and never had an issue with any of them, despite what the Internet says about using diesel oil in a gas engine. I believe that is just Internet phooey.

I do use top quality filters however, no Walmart or discount 🚘 parts filters here. Kubota's get Kubota filters and the buggy's get premium Wix.

I run it in a 1953 Farmall Super A. Works fine. I buy it in 5 gallon cans which is a little cumbersome at 70 years old.
The shop up the road, actually behind me, has a couple of 500 gallon tanks outside and whatever the tank on the furnace itself holds. Convenient for me to dispose of it. Also had about 20 gallons of John Deere Hy Gard. He said it would burn anything but water. I corrected him and excluded anti freeze.

Latest posts

Back