Chainsaw Photos

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve,my super axe splitter has a cable log lifter,and that ms 880 you saw going last night was me.

Cheers Andrew
MS260
MS441
MS660
MS880

sounds like a ws250 splitter , they are a gret machine for the money !! Yes its a small world at GM , the amount of different people that pass through the doors , how many tanks of fuel have ya put through the 880?? you got much wood to cut ?? im on the last leg of cutting 50 acres of blue gum at work and chipping the waste !! has taken me nearly 10 weeks , cheers steve :chainsawguy::rockn:

new 36" turned up yesty, a big thanks to laurie at sawchain its nice to have someone just send you what you need, not what a counter jockey reckons you need. now to give it a run without hitting anymore timber spikes.

Last edited:
sounds like a ws250 splitter , they are a gret machine for the money !! Yes its a small world at GM , the amount of different people that pass through the doors , how many tanks of fuel have ya put through the 880?? you got much wood to cut ?? im on the last leg of cutting 50 acres of blue gum at work and chipping the waste !! has taken me nearly 10 weeks , cheers steve :chainsawguy::rockn:

Ive only used one tank so far,waiting for a GB 50'' bar to show,on the weekend i will get stuck in.Sounds like a lot of blue gum,do ya fell by hand and is there any part time work.
Cheers Andrew
MS260
MS441
MS660
MS880

I copied i creeks saw pic, Was just wondering if these saws have any value. I may have a chance to pick one up for five or ten dollars. Don't know if it runs it felt like it had good compression. Don't look like it's been used much either. It even comes with the case. I believe it is a super two xl, Whatever the difference is.

saw.jpg

I will give you 10 for it!!

I copied i creeks saw pic, Was just wondering if these saws have any value. I may have a chance to pick one up for five or ten dollars. Don't know if it runs it felt like it had good compression. Don't look like it's been used much either. It even comes with the case. I believe it is a super two xl, Whatever the difference is.

saw.jpg

See the bar in the pic in that manual. I have one just like it, still got the paint on it and everything!! Looks really good.

See the bar in the pic in that manual. I have one just like it, still got the paint on it and everything!! Looks really good.
Good deal, This one i looked at had paint on it but it wasn't really good. the saw did though. I hope he gets it for me monday. it's at an auction at his place. He said he could get it for five or ten dollars if i wanted it. i told him to get it. If he does i will post pics of it here.

Go for the little Homelite,they will surprise you.Parris,Whitedogone had an S-clutch posted to give away not long ago.

Good deal, This one i looked at had paint on it but it wasn't really good. the saw did though. I hope he gets it for me monday. it's at an auction at his place. He said he could get it for five or ten dollars if i wanted it. i told him to get it. If he does i will post pics of it here.

Sweet good to hear. It would be a great saw, it it was running properly.

I think the thread was called "What do I have?" or something similar.He had a group of un-identified parts,wanted to know what they were and who wanted or needed them.

Go for the little Homelite,they will surprise you.

They are a great little saw for their size. A mate gave me mine for nothing and said he'd pulled the muffler and the piston and bore were thrashed. He'd got 3 hard years out of it and he found it at the tip! I put a new clutch in it, a new starter cord, a new bar and chain, gave it a tune and its brilliant. I've had the 12" bar buried in hardwood and it spins it relatively easily. Can sometimes be a pig to start when its warm though.
Mine doesn't look very pretty though and you can tell its had a hard life.

Have also attached a few more photos from my recent trip to Tasmania...
Cutting up pine logs into manageable pieces to burn. Notice the one piece of Blackwood in the picture. I brought a heap back to the mainland with me to make something out of :)
DSC_0264.jpg

And my mate using my 3120, the first time he'd used a saw bigger than his 029 (55cc)...
DSC_0043.jpg

One of the pine logs that needed cutting up and removal. The stump I'm standing on was massive at the base, over 7 foot. Most were burnt, some were shifted with an excavator...
DSC_0050.jpg

My mate's daughter holding the 5100-S. Was hoping to get her holding the 3120 but it would have crushed her...
DSC_0253.jpg

Last edited:
064 ----> 066

Here she is, and she runs. Not ready for the wood yet, but it lopes like a 454, and revs like a 383 stroker.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Back