Chainsaw Photos

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
re; superaxe

sounds like a ws 250 /300 model does it have a hydraulic log lifter or cable ??A few more parts arrived today for the 056 mag , now it is two little rubber buffers and set the ignition timing , and it should run lol!! i saw another ms880 go out the door today at stihl shop . cheers steve

I copied i creeks saw pic, Was just wondering if these saws have any value. I may have a chance to pick one up for five or ten dollars. Don't know if it runs it felt like it had good compression. Don't look like it's been used much either. It even comes with the case. I believe it is a super two xl, Whatever the difference is.

saw.jpg

Last edited:
sounds like a ws 250 /300 model does it have a hydraulic log lifter or cable ??A few more parts arrived today for the 056 mag , now it is two little rubber buffers and set the ignition timing , and it should run lol!! i saw another ms880 go out the door today at stihl shop . cheers steve

Steve,my super axe splitter has a cable log lifter,and that ms 880 you saw going last night was me.

Cheers Andrew
MS260
MS441
MS660
MS880

You'll regret saying that. I'll give you ten minutes of "tinkering" before it gets chucked across the garage. :)

ha ha ha LOL, that's so true. I have one, I got in a lot of saws. I started tinkering with it, I left it alone before I chucked it across the garage, its still sitting where I left it months ago. LOL

ha ha ha LOL, that's so true. I have one, I got in a lot of saws. I started tinkering with it, I left it alone before I chucked it across the garage, its still sitting where I left it months ago. LOL
So i would be getting ripped for five dollars.lol I already have one pos craftsman, Don't need another one. But it sure is a purrty red color.

So i would be getting ripped for five dollars.lol I already have one pos craftsman, Don't need another one. But it sure is a purrty red color.

No, didn't say you would be getting ripped for $5. $5 is cheap for anything. All I wanted to do to mine in take the clutch off, cause I suspect a broken clutch spring since the chain runs all the time, but you cant just take the clutch off, there is no clutch cover, part of the case covers it, and you have to take the whole powerhead out of the case to do it, so I left it alone, don't need it.

No, didn't say you would be getting ripped for $5. $5 is cheap for anything. All I wanted to do to mine in take the clutch off, cause I suspect a broken clutch spring since the chain runs all the time, but you cant just take the clutch off, there is no clutch cover, part of the case covers it, and you have to take the whole powerhead out of the case to do it, so I left it alone, don't need it.
Me neither but will probably get it just because it's purty. It may even run there was no gas in it. oh well i can't really lose for the price.lol

Many of those saws had cast S-clutches and they could crack and dump a shoe. I have replaced more of those than I wanted to.

The newer and aftermarket clutches have a more modern springs and 3 shoe setup, they are the less desirable as the quality was not so good. They are still available but cost(list is around +$50.00) more than the saw is worth. In good order and running well those saws seem to be able to fetch $50-100.00 still. It amazes me what people will pay for some of these older saws.

Last edited:
Many of those saws had cast S-clutches and they could crack and dump a shoe. I have replaced more of those than I wanted to.

The newer and aftermarket clutches have a more modern spring and 3 shoe setup, they are the less desirable as the quality was not so good. They are still available but cost(list is around +$50.00) more than the saw is worth. In good order and running well those saws seem to be able to fetch $50-100.00 still. It amazes me what people will pay for some of these older saws.

Ya, I don't care for it much. My buddy has two of them, both not running, I said give them to me, I'll make one running one for you, now I don't really have much enthusiasm to do it.

Back