Chainsaw Photos

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is my 1988 Alpina 0-70S, I bought it a month ago with no compression, the rings were stuck in the grooves , I've replaced the rings now it runs very nice.
It's the only chainsaw I've seen with an auto chain tensioner.
attachment.php

attachment.php

No idea, It seems to work pretty well, although if it ever broke finding another would be difficult, parts are scarce neither GB or Oregon list sprockets for this Alpina.

The chain tensioner is spring loaded,
attachment.php

When you were tearing down the saw,were you aware of that feature,or did it "jump out" and surprise you?How do you re-assemble it,is it open to the front to allow you to push the tensioner back to engage the hole in the bar or do you just have to "fight it back in place".
Another nice saw by the way,you seem to turn up some very interesting models.

No idea, It seems to work pretty well, although if it ever broke finding another would be difficult, parts are scarce neither GB or Oregon list sprockets for this Alpina.

Are the dimensions 3 1/4" outside diameter? I have a listing for an 0-70 that takes the same as a CP-70, A70, A90. It is from the same place that I sent you the link before. They sold Alpina's under their own name (Pro Cut) for a while. If you need more stuff, I could definitely ship it to Aussie land for you.

L-R: Allis Chalmers 75A, Stihl 029 Super, Stihl 024 AV, Poulan Super 250. I do not know anything other than who previously owned the AC and Poulan saws.I do know he died 16 years ago and they probably haven't been run since then, but I would bet anything I own that the fuel was always properly mixed and the cylinder and piston are good, chain is still sharp on the AC.

P1030724.jpg

I figure the $150 dollars (minus bar and chain) in this one was worth it. It had an 18" bar on it when I got it, that now sits on my 029, but I wanted a 16" on this one (it will also fit my 029)
P1030726.jpg

P1030725.jpg

P1030728.jpg

the poulan is an S25D,, not 250... great saw,, lots of info on them....

Are the dimensions 3 1/4" outside diameter? I have a listing for an 0-70 that takes the same as a CP-70, A70, A90. It is from the same place that I sent you the link before. They sold Alpina's under their own name (Pro Cut) for a while. If you need more stuff, I could definitely ship it to Aussie land for you.

Yes it's 3 1/4" outside diameter, I'm going to see a dealer who used to sell Alpina tomorrow , if I cant get one I'll take you up on your kind offer, thanks

When you were tearing down the saw,were you aware of that feature,or did it "jump out" and surprise you?How do you re-assemble it,is it open to the front to allow you to push the tensioner back to engage the hole in the bar or do you just have to "fight it back in place".
Another nice saw by the way,you seem to turn up some very interesting models.

I knew about the auto tensioner, it's open on the front with a shaft that you move to align the hole in the bar.
attachment.php

McCulloch 5-10G

Here are some pictures of my 5-10G that I took last night. I put the 33" bar from my 1-60 on it with 1/2" chain. The biggest piece of wood I had was about 12"-14".
DSC01951.jpg

DSC01952.jpg

I put one of the chips on top of the gas tank so that yall could see how big they were. Who ever sharpened that chain did well.
DSC01954.jpg

DSC01955.jpg

DSC01960.jpg

You can see some videos of the saw at my original 5-10G thread.

Latest posts

Back