Chainsaw Photos

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Makin' $$$ with the Stihls today.

attachment.php

Nice equipment brncreeper!
So when you sell a grinding job do you remove the grinding and add top soil? Or is the cleanup done by the customer? Whats the cost of those two stumps?

Thanks. I normally don't do the cleanup, this job w/o cleanup for two stumps was $140. Took about 4 hours and 2 gallons of gas to complete. Normally they are smaller stumps which take less time. The round kerf chains work the best for stump cutting.

Last edited:
Don't know how old it is, I bought it second hand at a pawn shop for $600. Put a new engine (Honda) on it, welded up the cracked frame, installed tail lights, and built a tow hitch. The hitch works well, I can pull it down the Interstate @70 mph. I noticed the Gates V-belt is cracked, I should replace someday before it breaks on me. The carbides are fairly easy to sharpen, I keep three extra sets handy. They have the same stump grinder at Bailey's under the name ENDURA, the new ones are big $$$$.

====

Your kidding, right????:jawdrop:

Thanks. I normally don't do the cleanup, this job w/o cleanup for two stumps was $140. Took about 4 hours and 2 gallons of gas to complete. Normally they are smaller stumps which take less time. The round kerf chains work the best for stump cutting.

How deep do you grind stumps typically? I used a big articulating Vermeer stump grinder on my 50" Piss Elm, and ground it 8" under, and added topsoil. Just wondered what was normal, or rule of thumb.

How deep do you grind stumps typically? I used a big articulating Vermeer stump grinder on my 50" Piss Elm, and ground it 8" under, and added topsoil. Just wondered what was normal, or rule of thumb.
On the smaller ones I can get em pretty deep, 10 inches or so. On a big stump it usually goes 4” bellow grade. I’ve got a 14” wheel though.
Those bigger machines like yours are awesome, some are even remote control. Mine’s a tinker toy, I just do it on the side.:givebeer:

Christmas in July

There was humor on the landing. The crew declared it to be Christmas in July and hung this (now dried up) swag on the yarder. Note the pretty blue striped flagging used. The saw, which I am not familiar with so don't know it's name, was placed there by the chaser to make the photo more interesting. It is a good example of a landing saw. The yarder is a Madill, 071.
attachment.php

We decided to tear our old wood building down in favor of a metal unit to get some more storage space. While the metal building was being drawn up, I took out all the trees behind the area incase of a blowdown and some looked dead anyway. The first pic shows the biggest cherry I've ever seen, around 30-34" at the stump, with the 460 wearing a lovely 32" reduced weight.:clap: Used the 026 for the small stuff but have some more to clean up as you can see.

That field behind our wood line is half planted with sunflowers that you can't see. I can walk about 100 steps out of my back door and shoot doves all day long in another month when the season comes in.:clap: I also got some hellacious poison oak rashes out of that brush that lasted 3 weeks.:angry: That stuff is brutal!:cry:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Hey 2K, nice pics and huskybana saws....oppppsss I meant Stihls....:clap:

as a matter of fact, I pulled out the MS660 today to help a neighbour clear his building site which had 2 huge oaks 30" dbh brought down by a backhoe.

no pics though.... now I know why Ultra likes those 660's;...:clap:

The elm and the 288 and a McCulloch 10-10

Here's the 288xp and the 30" elm dad fell with it today:

attachment.php

And the latest saw to follow me home (for free), a Mac 10-10 Pro Automatic:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

The id tag below the carb says:
McCulloch Corp USA
Mod. 60013U
Serial 12-28494

The carb has SDC 8-75 37A stamped on it. I'm going to see if I can get her back to the land of moving parts again.

Last edited:
seeing those mccullochs brings back memories ,dad has 2 not sure wot the small one is but has a promac 800 in mint condition got it new back in the eighties.does anyone know what cc the engine is and horsepower?:greenchainsaw:

Last edited:
Hey 2K, nice pics and huskybana saws....oppppsss I meant Stihls....:clap:

as a matter of fact, I pulled out the MS660 today to help a neighbour clear his building site which had 2 huge oaks 30" dbh brought down by a backhoe.

no pics though.... now I know why Ultra likes those 660's;...:clap:

LOL:cheers:

And yup, those 660s are bad A.:chainsaw:

Cutting up a River Redgum for firewood on the weekend. Mate using his 880, I was using my 3120XP. Stump about 48" odd where cut. There was a lot of firewood here! I decided to put the 5100-S up for a photo for the hell of it.
I'm still blowing out red/brown snot 2 days later from the dust :)
18072009340.jpg

18072009341.jpg

Cutting up a River Redgum for firewood on the weekend. Mate using his 880, I was using my 3120XP. Stump about 48" odd where cut. There was a lot of firewood here! I decided to put the 5100-S up for a photo for the hell of it.
I'm still blowing out red/brown snot 2 days later from the dust :)
18072009340.jpg

18072009341.jpg

Someone is going to have some decent firewood from that lot.

Back