Chainsaw Photos

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jonsereds XD

LHMedium-3.jpg

RHMedium-2.jpg

Another beauty Wayne,how does it run?Which pitch chain is on the XD,looks like the 1/2" but I really can't be certain from the picture.

Looking over the specs on Acres site,it seems to be an unusual saw.Rotary valve intake,injector carb that's all Greek to me.Can you explain some of that for us?What's different about it in other words?

Looking over the specs on Acres site,it seems to be an unusual saw.Rotary valve intake,injector carb that's all Greek to me.Can you explain some of that for us?What's different about it in other words?

A rotary valve intake uses a disk or shaft to close and open the intake port. Rotary valve engines can be made to run very strong due to the fact that the intake timing can be set independent of the piston.

I was invited today by the belgian forestry society to run some oldies as entertainment during their yearly seminar, not far from my place. They will host the timbersports competition also tomorrow, so I could use their facility to put some saws to test.

Me and my son ran :

a two man Stihl KS43 that cut really great
a two man Baker & Polling 250 cc. Cut well too, but the chain was not sharp enough.
Stihl contra
Mac SP125S

Here's me running the mac :givebeer:

cp125ssmall.jpg

I was ok, was falling timber in the wind and this one went wrong. Pay your money, take your chances.
John

WL2.jpg

I havn't mashed a saw but have left a new 361 as I ran, in it's first cut. big oak twisted and went the wrong way. I had wrote that saw off, the tree landed right beside the saw.

What size is that larged Stihl saw?

For a smaller stump grinder, that thing means business!

Stock 084 with a 41 inch bar, need the extra reach for flush cuts. For backup a stock MS660 with a 25" bar.

11hp Dosko gets the job done, I keep the 8 carbides really sharp.

Don't know how old it is, I bought it second hand at a pawn shop for $600. Put a new engine (Honda) on it, welded up the cracked frame, installed tail lights, and built a tow hitch. The hitch works well, I can pull it down the Interstate @70 mph. I noticed the Gates V-belt is cracked, I should replace someday before it breaks on me. The carbides are fairly easy to sharpen, I keep three extra sets handy. They have the same stump grinder at Bailey's under the name ENDURA, the new ones are big $$$$.

Latest posts

Back