Cooling Vest for Heat Stress

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know, man. He says marathon runners who drink a lot of water lose too much sodium. I'm just an old guy who does maybe 6 hours of work every week in the hot sun. I'm not running 15 miles a day and sweating 6 extra gallons a week.

This guy isn't really a doctor. He's a chiropractor. If you start a course today, you can be a chiropractor by Christmas.

Well I posted a CHEAP EASY TO MAKE re-hydration mixture.
Anybody can make cheap.

It is designed to re-hydrate severe de-hydration like cholera. It has electrolytes in correct proportions .

My sodium is not FUed up so those beware, it has LOTS OF SALT/ SODIUM!!!

Alternate that with ice water

I fight heat sickness every day, I was burnt 2nd and 3rd degree over 48% of my body about 15 years ago damaging a large portion of my bodies sweat glands. I wear a lot columbia and adidas cooling shirts, cotton boxers and adidas climate basketball shorts wearing flip flops. They work very well at evaporating the sweat to rapidly cool me when I frequently take breaks in the air conditioning. This time of year I do some diag and small stuff during the heat of the day in shade with a carpet drying fan running and for large jobs I typically start working after 7pm and finish up before 4am. The best and safest method to keep going is to run the garden hose over the legs below the knee down to the foot for a 5 count per leg then changing to the other leg, I do this twice then count to 15 and decide to either sit down in the shade and continue this or go inside...the issue with going inside is I blink and a hour and a half passes. I do not keep the house below 76-77 degrees, any cooler does not speed up recovery and will make things worse due to shock... intead I flip on theceling fan and the clothing works its magic. I often drink real fruit juice or semi sweet tea for hydration, only in dire situations do I reach for water. Some days I go too far and end up with horrible throbbing headaches and or my mind turns into mush. I am going to try the vinegar/ginger/molasses drink and likely try the nuun tablets. Thank you for sharing all of your personnel methods for staying safe/hydrated. The guys that are suffering from extended effects from heat I highly suggest seeing your doctor as you could be suffering from heart and or blood pressure issues from that stress. If you ever notice you are not sweating stop immediately and head for indoors and stay there for a minimum of 2 hours to give your body a chance to recover and tell you what it needs, do not drive after experiencing heat related sickness!!!

end up with horrible throbbing headaches and or my mind turns into mush
That's the scary part, when I can tell my mind isn't working right and there's nothing I can do but make an attempt to drink something

On the 4th, I could barely spit out a full word without a lisp, getting letters mixed up and just straight up confusion, I knew I was messed up but didn't realize it was so bad till my dad started yelling for me to get in a cols shower right away

I don't know, man. He says marathon runners who drink a lot of water lose too much sodium. I'm just an old guy who does maybe 6 hours of work every week in the hot sun. I'm not running 15 miles a day and sweating 6 extra gallons a week.

This guy isn't really a doctor. He's a chiropractor. If you start a course today, you can be a chiropractor by Christmas.
Well, I bet he knows more than both of us put together! What do you disagree with? He is right about drinking too much water and losing Electrolytes! Why do you think all this happens? Say what you want, I have followed his advice on sugar and carbs being very bad and had great results not eating that poison.

That's the scary part, when I can tell my mind isn't working right and there's nothing I can do but make an attempt to drink something

On the 4th, I could barely spit out a full word without a lisp, getting letters mixed up and just straight up confusion, I knew I was messed up but didn't realize it was so bad till my dad started yelling for me to get in a cols shower right away
You better stay out of the heat!

You better stay out of the heat!
I'm standing in the shade right now, swapping out with my dad in the excavator every hour or so so stay cool

Last year i felt like i needed constant breaks, this year I dont feel the heat till it's too late, so at the moment I'm basically taking a break as soon as I start sweating

I'm standing in the shade right now, swapping out with my dad in the excavator every hour or so so stay cool

Last year i felt like i needed constant breaks, this year I dont feel the heat till it's too late, so at the moment I'm basically taking a break as soon as I start sweating
You taking Electrolytes or salt in or something?

Another very important thing to monitor is how often you need to pee, If you are not needing to pee every hour and a half or two hours you are sweating out more than your taking in and you are dehydrated. This is my number 1 reason for stopping and taking a long break is to hydrate and wait until I can pee. This method almost always keeps me from having the heat migraines.

You need to go get checked out by a Dr. You're having increasingly worse symptoms just over the past few days. The body take weeks to recover from a heat stroke, and once you've had a heat stroke you're more likely to have one again and quicker. It's a change your life event. Stop being stubborn and get checked out before you kill yourself.

You need to go get checked out by a Dr. You're having increasingly worse symptoms just over the past few days. The body take weeks to recover from a heat stroke, and once you've had a heat stroke you're more likely to have one again and quicker. It's a change your life event. Stop being stubborn and get checked out before you kill yourself.
You make a fair point there.

WTF? To like Wolfie's post on AS I now have to confirm it?

Thanks Wolfie, might miss TN gal......

Maybe it's time to leave for good. And **** AS.
It just happens every now and then, and typically on a slow internet connection on my phone. Never had it happen on the laptop or hooked up to my wifi at the house.

ended up having a body armor, couple oranges, an apple, then ran to wendy's for lunch, much to my surprise they had powerade so I decided to get that instead of a soda, I have a case of water in the truck anyways

so, so, so much better today, although the heat is still horrible, but after the body armor and powerade I was back to working fine but sweating a lot, never once got light headed, dizzy, or otherwise in any form of a situation like on the 4th

I sat in the machine for about 6 out of the 12 hours I worked today which was a HUGE help, what sucked for everyone was the trees coming down and shade disappearing quickly

on a good note its easy work, dig for an hour or two ripping out roots (I really need a root ripper) then cut for 5 minutes to limb and buck, then sit back again for another few hours while the machine moves trees and digs more

1720490833446.png

Latest posts

Back