Diamond Chain file for non carbide chains-- good or bad

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A long time ago I tried out a few rotary diamond files on a small 12v dremel style of motor. They cut very slowly and didn't last as long as a regular file. They did produce a sharp tooth, but control was poor. If I did it enough, I'm sure I would have gotten better at it.

I concluded it was mostly a waste of time and money. I think a small carbide mill on the same motor drive would have been excellent, though. Especially on a "rocked" chain.
Several years back, @Grande Dog offered some ABN/CBN Dremel bits for chains. I never saw anyone else selling these.

Philbert

Two files at Sawzilla were $10.95 plus shipping(usually price for the files was $17.95). I had bought several other things so shipping was less of a factor. The grit on these files is pretty coarse and will just have to see how long they last. I do not hand file a lot, so probably a long time for me. I usually have several sharp chains with me and just change as needed. I sharpen on a bench sharpener. Definitely a lot better grit than I have seen on other diamond sharpeners.

Latest posts

Back