Dilemma....Echo 70cc vs Clone 90cc saw. What would you do?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a good question, the topic of a conversation with a friend this past weekend. My "supplier " has two 36"+ Ash trees that the power company is taking down. I have a CS-620P with a 24" bar that will do the work but will take awhile.
I cannot rationalize Stihl/Husqvarna prices for a saw that will sit on the shelf for 360+ days a year.
If the saw will be sitting that long just rent one when needed.

If the saw will be sitting that long just rent one when needed.
None of the rental houses around here have anything that big. & bucking and removing the wood will take a few weeks depending on what's going on at home etc. I imagine I'll bring a splitter there and split as I go. It would be handy to have a bigger saw on the shelf and these trees would rationalize getting a bigger saw.

This Echo CS-670 has been a fine performer for me. I am amazed at how much power that Echo produces from their saws:
1728428429552.jpegAs you see, it was easy for me to take a Stihl bar and mount it with a shop-made adapter. This saw will run even up with a Stihl MS460.

Back