Dolmar Distribution

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dolmar_Tech_Mgr

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Effective August 1st Dolmar will have new distribution. The new distributors will cover all of the USA and Canada for Dolmar Power Products. This distributor network is called IDN Integrated Distributor Network. There are 6 companies in the US with multiple warehouses and 1 company in Canada with two warehouses. There was an announcement in PET this month on the inside back cover that listed all seven companies and gave their individual information. This is a huge step forward for Dolmar and Dolmar product distribution in the US. Most all dealers will have some knowledge of the new distributors as they are the current distributor network for Briggs and Stratton Parts.

The PS-5100S is coming followed by the PS-460 and PS-510. We have finally gotten the Muffler approved and production started either late last month or this month I forget which. They should be available in dealer show rooms around the US and Canada as early as the end of August. By the way the PS-5100S will have a high speed 14,500 RPM coil as standard those 346XP converts.

it will be nice to see what it does when modded, is it a open or closed tranfser port

The PS-5100S is closed and the 460 and 510 are open. The differences are the 460 and 510 will have aluminium crankcases and open transfer ports and will not be equipped with the 14,500 coil. The 5100S will have magnesium cases , closed transfer ports and the high speed 14,500 coil.

14500 is plenty high enough for rpm's, if I can get the saw to turn over 13000 in the wood rpm's I would be happy so it will be nice to see how they turn out

I have run them and they have more power than the current 54cc PS-540. The PS-5100S is either 50.3 or 50.4cc i have seen both figures from the factory. Very compact and well balanced to even meet the needs of a guy using the to cut trees down not just cut them up real fast.

like I said before once I have 1 in my hands then I can tell what I have got for a saw, most of the small saws I do are for cutting trees down but the guys just like to do it a little faster :)

Oh i know, it was just a short stab a humor. I do think you will like what you get when they come out. Tell the dealer that you made reference to, to visit the dolmarusa.com website and fill out the dealer survery. This gets things going faster for the dealer.

That's good news, DTM! I've wanted a Dolmar for a couple of years now, been arguing with the local "dealer" for about as long. I've bought a lot of parts from him and some EFCo stuff, but he hasn't been too excited about the Dolmar line...his stuff all had to come through Makita, and he didn't like them.

I think he got signed up for the dealership for Dolmar on account of being a local service hub for Makita tools. There's apparently money in new cordless drill batteries! he's never had a Dolmar-branded saw in the place, although there were a couple of small Makita gas saws in the rack.

If this guy won't make an attempt to to at least take orders to sell Dolmars, the new distributors will find someone else.

just tell Dolmar to send me one :dizzy: , cause if it works like it is to I have a pile of guys waiting for these saws , it would be very close to 50 guys now and once I am happy with it I know that number will grow

all it has to do is beat the 346 , if it can do that we have happy days ahead

I'm now very pleased to hear this news. another contender in the 50cc class. if its anything like the 346XP stock, it'll be a wicked saw. send me a boat load of em, well not literally, but about 5 of em should do me fine for a few years lol.

Rich up here very few guys use a MS 200 or a 335/338 husky to climb trees with, almost every guy here uses the 346 to climb with and are always looking for more power so if the 5000 is the ticket then lets get the games started

Back