Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is what I get for gettin too big for my britches and thinkin I could rap anything over with just a molly

[video=youtube;PT4aBmdhUKM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT4aBmdhUKM[/video]

Hey Sam, you gotta head back to Bozeman or are you done out there?

Just got in from the Bozone.....Cutting pard lost reverse in his pickup Wednesday morning....We got pretty creative with the parking/hiking deal.....but we finished the week.......reverse is nice.....Lucky we had some wide spots where we did.

Just got in from the Bozone.....Cutting pard lost reverse in his pickup Wednesday morning....We got pretty creative with the parking/hiking deal.....but we finished the week.......reverse is nice.....Lucky we had some wide spots where we did.

That blows, always gotta park headin down hill huh?:D

you been gettin much snow out that way

I got a 5 lb'er but I always forget the sum##### at home and it has a old timey falling-length handle that makes me kindof look like Gandolf :D

Get you a custom handle on the 5, if'n it's too long for ya.

Got a 26" handle on my 5lb'er.

Gonna try a 3.5lb with a 20" handle in the smaller timber here.

Get you a custom handle on the 5, if'n it's too long for ya.

Got a 26" handle on my 5lb'er.

Gonna try a 3.5lb with a 20" handle in the smaller timber here.

I might have to go score a shorter one, this one is also that nice half rotted gray color with weather checks all over it so it's definately gonna fail if I fetch it a couple good whacks

5lb Collins rafting axe. 26"straight handle so you can also use it as a plumb.

I might shoulda used a plumb on the "larch 3" vid tree :jester:

I walked around it about 5 times like an English Setter looking for a place to take a dump and still had it pointed the wrong way

Yeah, it's snowing at 7,000. Drank coffee in the truck for about 45 minutes waiting for light watching it snow in the head lights.....yeehaw. Finally got a good Friday strip though. Wind didn't even blow, which was kind of odd.

Hope you all had a good, safe week- enjoy the weekend - Sam

Good rule of the woods Jake, always park headed towords town.......reverse or not..... One less thing to #### with if someone needs to get to help. Don't care how far I have to back up in the dark, it's just a good rule to live by. - Sam

This is what I get for gettin too big for my britches and thinkin I could rap anything over with just a molly

[video=youtube;PT4aBmdhUKM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT4aBmdhUKM[/video]

I thought for sure that back-lean was gonna bite ya in the butt.

Saw sounds good! Fat enough for limbing, but cleans up for the real work. :)

Looked like a lot of lean, then I realized all the trees were leaning just about the same amount. Hinge was a little thin?

Mr. HE:cool:

Looked like a lot of lean, then I realized all the trees were leaning just about the same amount. Hinge was a little thin?

Mr. HE:cool:

yeah I shoulda had more hinge there, with that thick damn bark on a larch it's kinda hard to tell just how much you have sometimes

yeah I shoulda had more hinge there, with that thick damn bark on a larch it's kinda hard to tell just how much you have sometimes

DF is worse. . . Them biguns have 4" thick cork for skin, same with Pondy. I'll whack it off with an ax or saw where I'm driving wedges.

DF is worse. . . Them biguns have 4" thick cork for skin, same with Pondy. I'll whack it off with an ax or saw where I'm driving wedges.

(beavis and butthead laugh) uhhhh huh huh, uhhh huh, you said whack it off

oh hey, I forgot to say, thanks for the ATF/bar oil tip, it's like night and day before i used it I had to soak my damn chain off the 038 overnight in degreaser and then use a toothpick to clean out the oil-o-matic driver holes

Last edited:
(beavis and butthead laugh) uhhhh huh huh, uhhh huh, you said whack it off

oh hey, I forgot to say, thanks for the ATF/bar oil tip, it's like night and day before i used it I had to soak my damn chain off the 038 overnight in degreaser and then use a toothpick to clean out the oil-o-matic driver holes

I didn't invent doing it. . . But I did steal the idea fair and square. :laugh:

Glad it's working for ya!

Latest posts

Back