Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, specifically B'Ham. For some reason my HS class (Centralia '91) had this crazy exodus there in the mid 90's and most of them still live there, within a mile or two of the location in the center of that map.

I think I posted that at Costco. Lol. I'm about a half hour east of Bellingham towards Mt. Baker. It's funny you say that my sister in law is from Centralia. But she is like '02-'03 era.

We may very well be moving back to Washington in the next few years. Annie is already looking at houses in the Monroe/Sultan area.

Not a bad place to end up. The conveniences and hassles of the city are at arm's length, and lonely wanders in the Cascades are too. The desert is just over the mountains, and the beach is an easy drive... and so is Canada, should the need arise.

We think its a nice enough place, Sultan is about two steps up from Rio Dell, Monroe seems lively.
I'm also thinking it coming up on time to be away from the coast, geologic wise.
Cost of a house is half of what it is here, feel the need to settle in.

Just go in with eyes open. There are traffic backups on highway 2 on the weekends. The area is a playground for the city folks.

I'll stay here. We are the optimum distance from both Portland and Seattle. There are nicer play areas that are a quicker drive for them. We do get a lot of Tacomiacs here though.

Yesterday was just like this, but with more skiers because it was Friday.

220206d1327764052-wphollywood-day0001_1-jpg

View attachment 220206

An old tool box from an era when I didn't get paid for exercise and kicks at the same time!

My bike is trashed right now, mostly these days the days off time is spent recovering and getting ready for more.

I hear ya. My story is much the same. Mine is still sitting in my garage under layers of dust! I keep threatening every year to get it out, kids are getting older now and starting to be able to ride their bikes pretty good, so we may make some forays out of the driveway this year!

I hear ya. My story is much the same. Mine is still sitting in my garage under layers of dust! I keep threatening every year to get it out, kids are getting older now and starting to be able to ride their bikes pretty good, so we may make some forays out of the driveway this year!

Its funny, I'm waitin on my kids to get a little older to get to doing some of the stuff I used to do, fishing, hunting, etc... I was trying to get my oldest to hit a trail with me last summer. She chickened out when she saw the hills. Not quite there yet.

Its funny, I'm waitin on my kids to get a little older to get to doing some of the stuff I used to do, fishing, hunting, etc... I was trying to get my oldest to hit a trail with me last summer. She chickened out when she saw the hills. Not quite there yet.

Haha! Yep, same here. Pretty cool though to watch them as they grow, we add more stuff to our repertoire of activities every year!

We may very well be moving back to Washington in the next few years. Annie is already looking at houses in the Monroe/Sultan area.

Nice areas Randy, but seen a lot of growth in the last 20years. Kinda become bedroom communities for Seattle. Cederkerf lives in a nice area, but gets a tad breezy at times.

Annie and I did a flyby to see Brian and Janimay, nice area, old mill site.
I have 6 years to get my 20 in, but will relocate when the opportunity arises.
There are quite a few little old houses that fit our price range.

Better be slapping mud on your license plates.....oh, wait. I'd guess that 50% of our population moved here from "there" and you'll fit right in!

Be aware of where the flood plain is, and where the sun shines.

Deserter. :laugh:

Ha ha ha
Its getting too expensive to live in California, Gov. Sunshine is going to tax us into the poorhouse.
We can buy the same moldy old house in WA, for less than rent here.
Besides, the Triple Junction has been sitting with clenched fangs for too long, we are over due.

Well, if you want the ambience of a depressed timber town, Morton is the place. It tried to go upscale with a cigar and wine store, but that failed. It tried to go lower, with a dollar store, but that failed. You can still buy rigging clothes at the hardware store and at the feed store. Two mills are still operating. Beware of the areas that flood, and of limited sunlight close to the big hill that blocks the sun on the south side of town.

1 Bedroom Morton Homes for Sale and Real Estate - Realtor.com®

I think Morton is down to two cops now. There's also a medical waste incinerator. Yuckers.
In our neck of the woods, we can still burn slash and do other bad things.

Back