Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coming from Land Rovers and built Jeeps, I've been genuinely impressed with that Subaru AWD system; they really did something right there. Have a few battle wounds on the bumpers and undercarriage from disregarding ground clearance and just giving a bit more throttle :D

Obviously can't compare to full 4wd and diff locks, but it doesn't leave me stranded.

Ya, unfortunately I've had to take the sledge to mine several times to get the back hatch to close. Mine can't pass inspection without lots of money, so it's on permanent skidder duty

I said good-bye to mine last April after almost 21 years. I still miss it but to keep peace at home and lower the overhead it is gone. I still have a deuce on the chopping block. Maybe when it is gone, I'll resurrect my FJ40. Ron

In 1975 or 76, I witnessed, as a passenger in both, a then new Subaru station wagon put a real spanking on a 1967 Bronco running up and down a lengthy old rock creek bed incline. The Subaru was more comfortable and would go quicker albeit on three wheels most of the time. With some finesse, the Subaru with its short little tires could tackle some surprisingly big rocks. I've never owned one and probably never will but I have always admired them. Ron

PS Must not be much falling going on if we just discussing crummies.

In 1975 or 76, I witnessed, as a passenger in both, a then new Subaru station wagon put a real spanking on a 1967 Bronco running up and down a lengthy old rock creek bed incline. The Subaru was more comfortable and would go quicker albeit on three wheels most of the time. With some finesse, the Subaru with its short little tires could tackle some surprisingly big rocks. I've never owned one and probably never will but I have always admired them. Ron

PS Must not be much falling going on if we just discussing crummies.

I don't know about the rest of these jokers but I'm still killing trees, I imagine the not left coast gang is working around the clock what with winter in full swing there.

Darn thing ain't the cheapest to werk on though.

Making matters worse, mine spent most of its life dealing with midwest winters. Not a COMPLETE rust bucket, but every single nut and bolt reminds me of its history every time I crawl underneath to do some work. :( Week long penetrating oil pretreatment a must; torches borderline necessary.

I don't know about the rest of these jokers but I'm still killing trees, I imagine the not left coast gang is working around the clock what with winter in full swing there.

Yup. Some of us are still getting wood down the hill.

I thought for a minute I was in the wrong forum. Sheeesh...take a couple of months away and come back to this... a discussion of yuppie SUVs?

Burvol would not be pleased. Not at all.

I thought for a minute I was in the wrong forum. Sheeesh...take a couple of months away and come back to this... a discussion of yuppie SUVs?

An old land cruiser is not a yuppie SUV. I am a total yuppie and am qualified to say this. Now a subie forester.......
Welcome back old man:bowdown:

Glad you're back to set things straight!

Now where's them falling pics?? :clap:

Back