Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
83 diesel benz joining the car crummy club

Is that a bag of fertilizer next to a can of diesel? Not judging just curious...

The wifey had a 76 240d before the diesel volvo, the benz drove like a listing barge... and some jerk (me) used too much ether to start it one day...

Thats loose salt for cows and 2 stroke in the can :p , car is doubling as farmtruck while farm truck is broken.

240's are famous for being slow but my dad has one with 150k on it and a 4 speed and it drives like a sports car (don't ask me how I know ) must be that most of them are all worn out or something.

240's are famous for being slow but my dad has one with 150k on it and a 4 speed and it drives like a sports car (don't ask me how I know ) must be that most of them are all worn out or something.

Have a diesel nut friend who just can't let things alone. His propane assisted 300 benz made for a nice little commuter. :laugh:

the 240 did ok for a commuter. It had a myriad of other issues, cold starting being one of them, hence the too much ether.

The volvo 245 she's got now is dangerous for me to drive... handles like a go cart but rides like a cadilac. And the pump is turned up just a wee bit so when you red line it in 1st 2nd and 3rd, you drown all the prius drivers in thick pillowy clouds of dense black smoke... which I suppose I should fix and maybe bring the mileage up to around 40mpg

Jon, a Land Cruiser will hold far more than that. Ron

Tornado duty. 303 cc and 106 inches in back (Well mostly in the back). 164cc and 56 inches in the middle (Not counting the intrusion from the rear). And yes, those are wood wedges holding the window up.
IMG_2050.JPG IMG_2052.JPG

Jon, a Land Cruiser will hold far more than that. Ron

Tornado duty. 303 cc and 106 inches in back (Well mostly in the back). 164cc and 56 inches in the middle (Not counting the intrusion from the rear). And yes, those are wood wedges holding the window up.
View attachment 331229 View attachment 331230
Great pics, thanks!
Here's how they look when you let a 12 year old monkey boy drive them
image.jpg

Here's what a 57 year old boy does when he forgets his surroundings and thinks it just a little bush scratching he hears. Ron

View attachment 331238
Ya, unfortunately I've had to take the sledge to mine several times to get the back hatch to close. Mine can't pass inspection without lots of money, so it's on permanent skidder duty

Back