Fuel line brands

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Redneck, What's the story on the gooey stuff coming out of that line, stretching down to the filter? Tygon being dissolved by fuel??? Or what.......?? Pardon me if I missed the explanation...

God bless,
Mike

Redneck, What's the story on the gooey stuff coming out of that line, stretching down to the filter? Tygon being dissolved by fuel??? Or what.......?? Pardon me if I missed the explanation...

God bless,
Mike
Not gooey. That is the inner lining part like shown in the first pic shown coming out. But that one was collapsed inside and letting fines get by.

Which allows this. Carb from that saw.

Attachments

• plinesc.JPG
    plinesc.JPG
    119.6 KB · Views: 0
pure bunk , it is bad. you buy fake hose then TRASH it, why do that. ????????o_O

https://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=90253

see this , this is not counterfeit hose. it is the real thing ! <repeat 3 time to learn it.
china sells tons of counterfeit hose. ( i can post 1000s of links in china doing that now)

the hose bought by say 2 feet, is not possible to prove it is real LP1100 EPA certified hose. china sells the fake hose.

the hose material is a trade secret and works so good the EPA mandates it. tested fully to be good. NO BULL !

so stop buying fake hose.

off fleabay, or ScamAZoned. stop it.

we can not see the LP1100 marks on the hose so is childs play to fake it, and they do ,endlessly in most sites selling this hose.

Tygon LP1100 is a low permeation EPA and CARB certified fuel line[4] also used in small engines.

the wiki nails this. if you read it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tygon_tubing

stop buying fake fuel hose. is that so hard/?

I only buy authentic Husky fuel lines and put them in everything including my Stihls ..I mean I only buy authentic Stihl lines and put it in everything including my Huskys .. or maybe it’s Echo …? no, Dolmar ..

Bunch of us tested the newer epa tygon lines and other lines close to 8-10 years ago and did a thread on them with results. http://chainsawrepair.createaforum.com/ported-saws/fuel-lines-tygon-etc/

OEM tygon 1100 is crap line that fails. It is the one that comes apart inside. Couldnt pay me to install it in customers saws or my own. It's junk.
Failed in a saw that wasnt even used much in 2 years.

Tygon 1200 OEM is to hard to work with IMHO. Installed it in some stuff many years ago.

Yellow line is 1100

Grey 1200

Blue stens

If I was going to install oem tygon line it would be the old 4040. But why would you for same cost of the echo line. Unless you are running that .80x.140 small stuff. Echo dont have that.
I started drilling the tanks or grommets to move up to the 3x5 echo myself. Just did a husky blower and 2 saws that way.

Attachments

• ty110000.JPG
    ty110000.JPG
    166.7 KB · Views: 0
  • ty1100.JPG
    ty1100.JPG
    207.2 KB · Views: 0
  • ty11000.JPG
    ty11000.JPG
    164.5 KB · Views: 0
  • tygon1200trueblue.JPG
    tygon1200trueblue.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 0
  • h125blines.jpg
    h125blines.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 0
I have used Oregon branded tygon type fuel lines a few times and never had an issue.
Redmax uses tygon on alot of their trimmers and blowers and I have never had a line fail. My current BP blower is probably nearing 15 years old a d has been run alot. The BP blower it replaced was also ran about this length of time, but with even more hours.
I should also add I never run ethanol fuel.
And to be clear I am not saying Tygon is the best, only that I have never had issues with it.

Latest posts

Back