Gas life?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hear that, huge issue. I put a big Racor on my diesel swap after getting bad fuel a couple times. All my issues went away after upgrading the filtration, could fill up anywhere without issues.
On my current Cummins Diesel , i run a Cat Diesel fuel & water sepatator dual system . The water separator is obviously upstream of the fuel filter cannister . Both operate off a differential switch that activates a idiot lite in the cab to indicate when water entrainment should be drained & when the filter element should be changed . Previously ran Parker on the Cummins & similar Puralator dual cannister systems on my Navstar Diesel on my F250 . Pretty well a economic selection criteria choice , since my Cat Dealership mgr. is a buddy lol.

On my current Cummins Diesel , i run a Cat Diesel fuel & water sepatator dual system . The water separator is obviously upstream of the fuel filter cannister . Both operate off a differential switch that activates a idiot lite in the cab to indicate when water entrainment should be drained & when the filter element should be changed . Previously ran Parker on the Cummins & similar Puralator dual cannister systems on my Navstar Diesel on my F250 . Pretty well a economic slection choice , since my Cat Dealership mgr. is a buddy lol.

I did the CAT filter thing as well. Racor primary and water separator, CAT secondary and final filtration. If it's good enough to protect fishermen and mariners hundreds of miles off shore, where a fuel problem leading to an engine failure could be deadly, then it's good enough for me.

I did the CAT filter thing as well. Racor primary and water separator, CAT secondary and final filtration. If it's good enough to protect fishermen and mariners hundreds of miles off shore, where a fuel problem leading to an engine failure could be deadly, then it's good enough for me.
Absolutely the best overall protection available 100 % brother !

wow that looks like a whole bunch of work to run a diesel cat... but we do what we gotta do right?

E14+ is what it is in my part of california now... they don't even bother to lie about it--they just tell us "we don't know whats in there" (?!) 😳

Re diesel... yeah it might be winter or moisture... we don't have either of those things here... but I stopped running diesel about 10 years ago... before that man my 7.3 really loved that stuff. No storage problems... no problems of any lkind

Back