Homelite bandit lx-30 (sorry for small pics)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stihl_collector

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So i had one of my dad's buddies call me as he knows i love saws and tells me he has a new saw for me, he tells me he was cutting palms in his yard and half way through a cut she just locked up solid, i told him to drop it off at my dads place and i'll collect it when i get a chance.

So today i picked it up and she was solid, the chain was locked up and the starter was locked. I had a bit of a think of what it could be on the drive home, at first i thought maybe he's fried the p&c or maybe the clutch has let go as the chain was locked up also. I started to inspect the saw and the pics will you tell you what i found
Newsaw.jpg

Dirtysaw.jpg

As you can see this screw shouldn't be here
Lockedscrew.jpg

This is where the screw goes.
Idlescrew.jpg

And i found this also, shame on you homelite for your bad wiring no insulation just bare wiring ready to short out.
badwiring.jpg

1/2 hours work and she was cleaned and running great after a much needed tune up.

Last edited:
Being an adjustable screw i put 2 pinch flats on the screw like it should have had from factory. It is going no where now.

Thats a good saw there i could not help but see in your signature you have a alaskan 48" Sawmill how is it holding up and just curious how much was it when you got it ?

was it over $ 400.00 ?

I paid $280us for the mill with the oiler kit included, it is a great thing it swings a 51' cannon bar and stihl 066 mag, i'm going to mount my 090 on it when i finish building it.

The homelite is a great little saw and at a great price :clap: it was terribly undertuned before i got it, it is now my girlfriends saw.

Last edited:
It works so well i love it.

That black bandit looks good i like it roncoinc.

I didnt know they made them in red also..
Maybe i should find a red one ?
was going to sell mine..
nice to have a pair of each color tho..

This one is about 10 years old used a hand full of times around 2 tanks of gas, i'll keep an eye out for you if i see another i will shoot you a pm.

Latest posts

Back