Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bright blood is always an attention getter, you have my sympathy. For years I feared getting cut, it wouldn't quit seeping out. It got better as I grew older, pretty much normal now, but I still stop and count to see if a cut stops bleeding. I'm happy to say that that my kids escaped having the same thing, Littlest Ray always has some sort of boo-boo, he heals up like a dog.

No new I-H finds Aaron, will keep my eyes open.

Little Ray

Had a busy day. Had to scoot out of work early to help with the girls. 10 year old cut her thumb early Wednesday evening. Lotsa blood and freaked out kids. 3 year old sister was beside herself. Family went to the ER while I fought traffic to get back (64 miles one way). Six stitches later and everybody is fine again. Spent an evening being the strong, comforting daddy.
Did have one bright moment though. Got to spend a few moments fondling the magnificent NOS Homelite 900D cylinder that was on the porch tonight. Thanks Chris!!!!!!!:cheers:

Pics of the cylinder when I get some time....

Six stitches is a heck of a cut around here. Hope all goes well with recovery, Aaron.

Had a busy day. Had to scoot out of work early to help with the girls. 10 year old cut her thumb early Wednesday evening. Lotsa blood and freaked out kids. 3 year old sister was beside herself. Family went to the ER while I fought traffic to get back (64 miles one way). Six stitches later and everybody is fine again. Spent an evening being the strong, comforting daddy.
Did have one bright moment though. Got to spend a few moments fondling the magnificent NOS Homelite 900D cylinder that was on the porch tonight. Thanks Chris!!!!!!!:cheers:

Pics of the cylinder when I get some time....

Yeah 6 stitches on a small girl's thumb is a lot. 64 miles to work? Wow that's a long way.

Hopefully once things calm down you can start cranking out some of those project saws you have. Homelite 900's are one saw that I do not have.

Bright blood is always an attention getter, you have my sympathy. For years I feared getting cut, it wouldn't quit seeping out. It got better as I grew older, pretty much normal now, but I still stop and count to see if a cut stops bleeding. I'm happy to say that that my kids escaped having the same thing, Littlest Ray always has some sort of boo-boo, he heals up like a dog.

No new I-H finds Aaron, will keep my eyes open.

Little Ray

Six stitches is a heck of a cut around here. Hope all goes well with recovery, Aaron.

Yeah 6 stitches on a small girl's thumb is a lot. 64 miles to work? Wow that's a long way.

Hopefully once things calm down you can start cranking out some of those project saws you have. Homelite 900's are one saw that I do not have.

Thanks guys. That cut is about 1" long and deep. runs diagonal along the underside (pad) from the left side root of the left thumb up to almost the tip on the right side. Dr didn't think any nerves or tendons were hit. She's healing up now, but is hurtin'...:(

Your turn in the barrel Aaron.

Grandkids are sooooooo much more fun. When they get to be too much trouble, send them home.:msp_tongue:

Yikes Carl! Hannah (the oldedst, and the girl who cut her thumb on Wednesday) is about 10.5 years old now. Hopefully we've got some years before becoming grandparents......:msp_scared:

IF I do this will this make it a 54cc then or is the piston the same diameter just longer stroke in a super xl?

I would hate to lose CCs

Swapping the P/C from an XL-12 to an SXL will indeed reduce the displacement from 58 cc to 54 cc. They share the same stroke. Bore size is the difference between the XL-12 and the Super. No big deal. A running saw is whatchu want Shane. My wounded warior gives a thumbs up to the 54 cc XL-12's at bandage changin' time. The white 'band' on the thumb is not bandage/gauze. Its' skin that's been in contact with the plastic splint thingee that goes under the bandaging to reduce movement. Half of the cut/stitched area is in there....

photobucket-5540-1322974409953.jpg

Last edited:
Aaron, that's a bad place for a cut. Working without a thumb sukx. But, like ya said earlier, no nerve or tendon damage. BTDT, didn't enjoy it at all. About 1/2 cut my right hand off at the wrist in a work accident 15 years ago, nerves, tendons, everything down to the bone. It took over a year and a half for some of the feeling to come back, movement ain't great, but it's good.

Kids get hurt, its part of life. Be glad it wasn't more than it is.

Aaron, that's a bad place for a cut. Working without a thumb sukx. But, like ya said earlier, no nerve or tendon damage. BTDT, didn't enjoy it at all. About 1/2 cut my right hand off at the wrist in a work accident 15 years ago, nerves, tendons, everything down to the bone. It took over a year and a half for some of the feeling to come back, movement ain't great, but it's good.

Kids get hurt, its part of life. Be glad it wasn't more than it is.

Thanks Steve. We're extremely thankful that it wasn't any worse. We shudder at the thought of what could have happened if the 3 year old had walked in front of the 10 year old when the knife slipped......

Super EZ

I've ventured a little from my Partners into some Super Ez's lately, Really like them I do!!!! Bought some eBay runners for $40.00. I know nothing about them so any pointers. I already changed fuel lines filters, both are electronic too. Everything functions perfect so far, run great.

Only experience I have with a EZ is back in 92 when I loaded a trunk of a 1968 Torino GT 390 4 speed car with about 20-25 of them and hauled it to the junk yard. COST ME $20.00 to get rid of that car!!!!!!! I'm cry'n thinkin about it.

Lookin for a bow bar for one and full wrap

Duane

I've ventured a little from my Partners into some Super Ez's lately, Really like them I do!!!! Bought some eBay runners for $40.00. I know nothing about them so any pointers. I already changed fuel lines filters, both are electronic too. Everything functions perfect so far, run great.

Only experience I have with a EZ is back in 92 when I loaded a trunk of a 1968 Torino GT 390 4 speed car with about 20-25 of them and hauled it to the junk yard. COST ME $20.00 to get rid of that car!!!!!!! I'm cry'n thinkin about it.
Lookin for a bow bar for one and full wrap

Duane

You get the "WTF were you thinking????????????" award my friend. In 1992 I'd been out of HS for a year and would have paid you good coin for that Torino full of E-Z's. I loved FE Fords long before I had any Homelite E-Z's. I now have a full wrap S E-Z that I got in July of this year. It's not for sale however. No bow bars on those little saws for me thank you.

100_3692.jpg

Swapping the P/C from an XL-12 to an SXL will indeed reduce the displacement from 58 cc to 54 cc. They share the same stroke. Bore size is the difference between the XL-12 and the Super. No big deal. A running saw is whatchu want Shane. My wounded warior gives a thumbs up to the 54 cc XL-12's at bandage changin' time. The white 'band' on the thumb is not bandage/gauze. Its' skin that's been in contact with the plastic splint thingee that goes under the bandaging to reduce movement. Half of the cut/stitched area is in there....

photobucket-5540-1322974409953.jpg

Ouch on the picture.

OK on the jug info. It will get the saw back in service so it will be all good then.

C5 fuel tank.

What have you all been using to seal the cover on the fuel tank?

The first time around I used Yamabond and it seeped at the bottom. I couldn't tell for sure if it was at the seam or at an old weld where someone patched it in the past or the Yamabond.

This time around I used my Dremmel and ground all the skag off the weld and surrounding area. Mixed up a dab of JB Weld and coated the area. That should take care of the possibly porus weld bead.

I'm almost ready to cut out of gasket from the roll of Felpro I have on hand and use my old standby Permatex 300 nonhardening gasket cement coating on both surfaces.

What do you guys think?

Thanks Steve. We're extremely thankful that it wasn't any worse. We shudder at the thought of what could have happened if the 3 year old had walked in front of the 10 year old when the knife slipped......

A good while ago, we arrived home just after then 10 yr old son tried to grab the butcher knife from the then 14 yr old daughter. Grabbed it by the blade. Blood all over the kitchen. Trip to the E room.

Daughter is now 32 and the son is 28. How they got this far is anybody's guess.

...My wounded warior gives a thumbs up to the 54 cc XL-12's at bandage changin' time. The white 'band' on the thumb is not bandage/gauze. Its' skin that's been in contact with the plastic splint thingee that goes under the bandaging to reduce movement. Half of the cut/stitched area is in there....

yep thats gonna be a reminder for a while. experience. that's how i always seem to learn. thank God its only a "reminder" wound rather than a "permanent" wound. i had a similar cut about 40 years ago when i was pealing some sassafras root to make some tea. about the time i realized i was pulling the knife up toward my thumb and thinking "not smart, you're gonna cut yourself" i did. took several stitches but i've never pulled a knife toward me in the ensuing 40 years. blessings on your daughter, you, and your family. oh by the way, i still have the scar.

i agree with 67L36Driver about grandchildren being much better. they are God's gift for going through the trials with your own children and for not killing them when tempted.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back