Husqvarna Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice vid,you make it look so easy.I have done everything else except split the case halves.How much for the tool and which saws does it work on?

I think the tool was around $65...all I have used it on is the older 2xx series saws and a 372. Really I don't see why it wouldn't work on most saws, no matter the brand.

Splitting the cases, looks like there had been some moisture in there...

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid51.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Ff382%2FTRI955%2F181%2FDSCN3679.mp4">

Cheater, I had to do this...

attachment.php

Excellent work briantutt:cheers:I used one of those for a few years,it was my dads old saw.My old logging boss had one to that he liked alot.No anti-vib on them to break and they could take a beating but you sure knew you had used it at the end of the day.

Thanks guys, I know I over post on this saw but I'm a :newbie: at the full tear down so I just keep sharing as I learn/progress.

Tinker Tinker

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Time to take the Granddaughter to see Santa now...

You should start a thread for this saw, would much easier for people to find for reference material. It is looking really good!!! It deserves it's own thread!!!!

alright, alright, I will try to wait until I am done...(but I did start this thread if that counts for anything :biggrinbounce2:)...

attachment.php

Does anyone know the purpose of this part? It's missing on mine (okay I lost it) but it sort of seems pointless to me...It's just a thin little metal strap between the bolt heads that hold the muffler on.

Brian, those are to lock the muffler bolts by bending over one of the "ears" to a flat on the bolt head. At least that's what the older Jonsereds used.

That is exactly what my dad said when I mentioned it to him last night.

I guess I will have to make one or use lockwashers.

Latest posts

Back